Maine Annual Report Filing DirectionsWe’re Just Not Annoying®
MAINE ANNUAL REPORT FILING
All businesses in Maine must file an annual report with the Maine Secretary of State Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions (that’s a real mouthful, huh?) to remain in good standing. Unlike other states, main divides the filing fees not by entity type, but whether the business is originally from Maine. Domestic Maine business annual reports have a filing fee of $85. Out-of-State companies doing business in Maine must pay $150 annual report filing fee. Annual reports are due each year between January 1 and June 1.
To submit your annual report to the Maine Secretary of State’s Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, you can file online (easiest), by paper (old school), or in person (who has time to do that?). Or, if you don’t want to bother with it and you’d prefer to stop reading this page now, you can just hire us to do it for $100 + state fees ($185 total, or $250 total for out-of-state companies).
|Maine Annual Report Fee Schedule|
|Business Type||Cost||Due Date||How to File|
|Domestic Companies (corporations, LLCs, LPs, LLPs, etc.)||$85||All business entity types must file their annual report by June 1.||You can file online, in person, or by paper.|
|Out-of-State Companies (foreign LLCs, corporations, etc.)||$150|
|Nonprofits (foreigns and domestics)||$35|
|Late Fees: If you file the annual report after June 1, for-profit companies must incur a $50 late fee; nonprofits pay a $25 late fee.|
HOW TO FILE YOUR MAINE ANNUAL REPORT
To file your Maine annual report, you have two filing options: do it yourself or hire us.
- Complete the Filing Yourself
Visit the Maine Secretary of State’s website. Perform a business search for your company in the state database. Once you find your company, select it and write down the Charter number. Then go to the state’s Interactive Corporate Services Annual Reports portal. Enter the charter number you wrote down. Confirm or update the following information where appropriate:
- Business purpose
- Name and address of members/managers/officers/directors/general partners
- Principal Business Address
- Name and address of your registered agent in Georgia.
- Signature of authorized person
- Hire Us
If you don’t want to deal with any of this, for $100 (plus state fees), we’ll file your annual report and you don’t have to worry about it.
What is the cost to file the Maine annual report?
- ME Corporations and PCs-domestic: $85
- ME Corporations and PCs-foreign: $150
- ME LLCs and PLLCs-domestic: $85
- ME LLCs and PLLCs-foreign: $150
- ME GPs, LPs, LLPs-domestic: $85
- ME GPs, LPs, LLPs-foreign: $150
- ME Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: $35
- ME Charities: $25
How to file your Maine Division of Corporations annual report:
Maine gives businesses two options for filing an annual report.
- It is easy to file your Maine annual report online. Just enter your Maine business entity’s charter number to get started. If you don’t know your number, you can do a search on the Maine Secretary of State website. See the link below.
- If you would rather mail in your annual report, the forms are available on the ME Secretary of State’s website. Complete it and mail it in with the filing fee.
Maine Charities are required to file an annual fundraising report with the Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation by mail with the fee.
When is the Maine Annual Report Due?
Maine Corporations and PCs, LLCs and PLLCs, GPs, LPs and LLPs, both domestic and foreign must file their annual report by June 1st.
If a business filed with the Maine Department of State before December 31st, they must file an annual report by June 1st of the next year.
Charities file their annual report each year by November 30th.
Yes. There is a $50 penalty for nonprofits in Maine is $25.
Does Maine have initial report requirements?
No. Your report is not due until the year after you start a business in Maine. You must submit your completed annual report by June 1st of the year after your filing, no matter how late in the year you file.
How do I get notified?
Maine Secretary of State DOES NOT mail annual report reminders. If you filed an annual report online in the past, they will email you a reminder. Otherwise you can call and ask to be put on the email reminder list. If Northwest is your registered agent in Maine, we send automatic email reminders so you always know when to file your report.
Who can file Maine annual reports?
Anyone with authority.
Are original signatures needed?
The paper report requires an original signature. Online filing is the recommended option.
Department of the Secretary of State
Bureau of Corporations
101 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0101
Office of Professional and Occupation Regulation
35 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0035
Maine Annual Report Filing Service Includes:
- Instant annual compliance service for only $100 (plus state fees).
- Guaranteed professionally prepared and submitted Annual Report.
- Guaranteed not to miss your Annual Report deadline.
- No hassles, no worries, no hidden fees, no kidding.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.