Maine Registered Agent
When you choose Northwest as your Maine Registered Agent, you get instant service, Privacy by Default®, a business address, and free mail forwarding. And if you want more, you can get a domain name, website, email, and phone number for free.
Want to learn more about what a registered agent does in Maine? We'll explain the Maine Secretary of State requirements, what your registered agent should do for you, and how to change your registered agent in Maine.
When You Want More
$125 a Year Every Year
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service.
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications
- Privacy by Default®
- Business Address & Free Mail Forwarding
- Free Domain, Website, Email & Business Phone
What Is a Maine Registered Agent?
A Maine registered agent is the person or company that you choose to accept important legal and state mail on behalf of your business. In Maine, all registered businesses are required to have a registered agent. Your registered agent’s name and address will be needed in order to complete your Maine LLC or corporation formation documents.
Under Maine law (Chapter 6-A: Model Registered Agents Act, §114), your registered agent must:
- Have a physical address (no P.O. Boxes or virtual offices) in the state of Maine.
- Keep regular business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Accept legal mail and correspondence from the state of Maine on behalf of your business and get that mail to you fast.
Choosing the right registered agent is important for the long term success of your business. At Northwest, we go above and beyond other registered agents, ensuring top flight security, enhanced privacy, and same-day document scans for all of our clients.
How Do I Change My Maine Registered Agent?
Changing your registered agent in Maine involves filing a Statement of Change form to Maine’s Secretary of State. Submit the signed original document and attach a “Contact Cover Letter” to the Secretary of State (mail or in person). It can get a little complicated, but when you hire us, we’ll take care of your change of registered agent filing for you. If you want more information on changing your registered agent, check out our page on How to Change Your Registered Agent in Maine.
Why Northwest Is the Best Registered Agent in Maine
Our Maine Registered Agent Service includes the tools you need to keep your business running without a hitch. When you hire Northwest as your registered agent, you get:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
If you want more, you can add free trials of any of these options at checkout:
- Domain Name: Choose a domain name from a list of popular extensions (like .com and .net).
- Website: We provide a pre-built business website, customizable using an open source platform.
- Business Email Address: Create up to 10 business email addresses of your choosing. They’ll end in your domain name for branding ease.
- Phone Number: Keep your personal line private by using a business phone number for client communications.
How to Order Maine Registered Agent Service
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Maine registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Maine Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Maine registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Maine registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Maine corporate compliance.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Maine Registered Agent FAQs
Who Needs A Maine Registered Agent?
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Maine?
We accept and scan all of our Maine clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Portland, ME.
Will You Let Me Know When My Maine Annual Report Is Due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in Maine, you’ll need to complete your ME annual report. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll make sure you have access to all the forms and instructions you need to stay compliant.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Maine Office?
- We don’t want all of your business mail. It’s not what we do. But we do try to be as helpful as possible in the rare event that we receive your regular mail.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Maine, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
How Do I Search For A Maine Registered Agent?
If you want to deliver service of process or certified mail to a business in main, just send it to the company’s registered agent at the registered office address.
- You can do a Maine business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
What Does Northwest Registered Agent Do?
As your registered agent service provider, we make all the Maine forms available in your online account, immediately. They are all pre-populated with your business information. We send you annual report reminders and you’ll never have a weird fee.
Every day we pick up new registered agent clients that changed to us after paying forwarding fees with their previous agents. Your business is too important to us to play “billing games.”