Massachusetts Annual Statement FilingWe’re Just Not Annoying®
MASSACHUSETTS ANNUAL REPORT
All businesses in Massachusetts are required to submit an Annual Report to the Corporations Division each year. Annual Reports are updates to the corporate information listed with the state, such as the names and addresses of members/officers, business and mailing addresses, and registered agent information. Annual reports can be filed online or by mail.
If you hire Northwest Registered Agent, we will professionally prepare and submit your Annual Report well in advance of your compliance deadline. We guarantee that your Annual Report will be filed properly and on-time. Our service ensures that you remain compliant with this important state requirement.
MA Annual Report Costs, Due Dates and How to File
|Business Type||Cost||Due Date||How to File|
|Profit Corporations||$109 (Online)||2 and 1/2 Months After Fiscal Year End||Online & Mail|
|Nonprofit Corporation||$18.50 (Online)||November 1||Online & Mail|
|Foreign Corporation||$109 (Online)||2 and 1/2 Months After Fiscal Year End||Online & Mail|
|Domestic/Foreign LLCs||$520 (Online)||Anniversary Date||Online & Mail|
|Charities||$35 to $2000 (Depending Upon Revenue)||4 and 1/2 Months After Fiscal Year End||Online & Mail|
How to File Your Massachusetts Annual Report:
Businesses in Massachusetts have three annual report filing options. They can file the paper form, faxing it in or file online.
- Complete and file the paper report form that you download from the Corporations Division website. Deliver it by mail or in person with the filing fee.
- You can also fax the same completed form to (617) 624-3891. All fax filings must be sent with the Fax Voucher Coversheet. Find it at the same MA Corporations Division website.
- Use the Corporations Division web portal and click on “File Annual Report Online.” Login to the system with a customer ID number and PIN. The Corporations Division will send your PIN quickly by email. Then fill out the online form and submit it. See the link below.
We will prepare and file your Annual Report for only $100 plus state fees. You never have to worry about missing compliance deadlines, getting hit with penalties and late fees, or losing your good standing. Simply hit Order Now and we will take care of the rest.
MASSACHUSETTS ANNUAL REPORT FAQS
What is the cost to file the Massachusetts Annual Report?
- MA Corporations and PCs-domestic and foreign: $125 for the mailed in form. $109 for fax or online.
- MA Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: $15 filing by mail. $18.50 for fax filing or online.
- MA domestic & foreign LLCs: $500 by paper. $520 for fax filing or online.
- MA domestic & foreign LLPs: $500 by paper. $520 for fax filing or online.
- MA domestic & foreign LPs: $500 by paper and $450 for fax filing or online.
- MA Charities: $35 – $2000 depending on yearly revenue generated.
At first glance, corporations look better in Massachusetts, but they have corporate taxes that make up for it.
Charities operating in Massachusetts file by mailing the annual report Form PC along with their Federal Form 990, to the attorney general with the filing fee. Check the link below for the annual form.
When are Massachusetts Annual Reports Due?
- MA Corporations and PCs-domestic and foreign: File by two and a half months from the fiscal year end, so generally March 15th.
- MA LLCs and PLLCs-domestic and foreign: Due by the exact anniversary date of filing.
- MA LLPs-domestic and foreign: The last day of February.
- MA LPs-domestic and foreign: On or before exact anniversary date.
- MA Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: No later than November 1st.
- MA Charities: The rule is 4½ months after fiscal year end; so generally by May 15th.
What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?
Businesses add $25 to the annual report fee if you miss your due date.
Does Massachusetts have initial report requirements?
No, just file by your due date the year following your first filings with the Corporations Division.
How do I get notified?
You are basically on your own after you Massachusetts registered agent; we will remind you.
Who can file Massachusetts Annual reports?
Anyone with authority can file for your Massachusetts nonprofit.
Are original signatures needed?
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Attn: Annual Report
One Ashburton Place, Room 1711
Boston, MA 02108-1512
Phone: (617) 727-9640
Fax: (617) 624-3891
Office of Attorney General
Non-profit Organizations/Public Charities Division
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: (617) 727-2200
File MA Annual Report: https://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/loginsystem/login_form.asp?FilingMethod=B
MA Charities: http://www.mass.gov/ago/doing-business-in-massachusetts/public-charities-or-not-for-profits/
Massachusetts Annual Report Compliance Service Includes:
- Instant annual compliance service.
- Guaranteed professionally prepared and submitted Annual Report.
- Guaranteed not to miss your compliance deadline.
- No hassles, no worries, no hidden fees, no kidding.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.