Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Arizona

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Arizona, you must file an Application of Authority with the Arizona Corporation Commission. You can submit this document by mail or in person. The Application of Authority for an Arizona foreign nonprofit corporation costs $175 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Application of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Arizona. Or, you can simply sign up for our Arizona Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Arizona Application of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Arizona. All for free.

Arizona Foreign Nonprofit

$400 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Arizona

What is a foreign nonprofit?

In this case a foreign nonprofit is a nonprofit organization that has been incorporated in a state other than Arizona.

How do I register my foreign nonprofit organization in Arizona?

You must first apply to the Arizona Corporation Commission for authority to do business in Arizona by filling out an Application for Authority.

Are there any name requirements for my foreign nonprofit if I’m going to apply to do business in Arizona?

Arizona law has put forth minimum requirements for a foreign nonprofit corporation to follow. They ask that the name of your foreign nonprofit in Arizona contains one of these words: association, bank, company, corporation, limited, incorporated, or an abbreviation of one of those words. If the name of your foreign nonprofit doesn’t already contain one of those words, then one must be added. Also, the name of your foreign nonprofit cannot contain the words “limited liability company,” “LLC,” or any reworking or abbreviation of those words and letters. If your name isn’t available, you may use a fictitious name. To do this you will have to attach a corporate resolution adopting a fictitious name to the Application for Authority.

Will I need a registered agent?

Yes. You will need a registered agent who has authority in Arizona to accept legal documents and lawsuit papers. Northwest Registered Agent is ready to provide this service for you! Starting at only $125 per year, we can offer a service that is personal, gimmick-free, and void of hidden fees.

Are there any other documents I’ll have to submit along with the Application for Authority?

Yes! Lots!

  1. You’ll have to submit a Certificate of Disclosure dated not more than 30 days before its delivery to the Arizona Corporation Commission. There is a form that you can download and fill out. The form is available through the Arizona Corporation Commission website.
  2. You’ll need to have a certified copy of your corporation’s articles of incorporation that has been certified no more than 60 days before its delivery.
  3. You will also have to include certified copies of any amendments that might have been made to your corporation’s original articles of incorporation. Once again, they have to be certified no more than 60 days before you submit them.
  4. Include a Certificate of Existence or good standing or a similar document from the state where you initially started your nonprofit corporation. This, too, cannot be dated more than 60 days before they are submitted.
  5. Also submit a Statutory Agent Acceptance. This means that the your Arizona registered agent must accept their appointment as your registered agent by signing a statement of acceptance. There is a Statutory Agent Acceptance form available through the Arizona Corporations Commission website in the Corporate Division section.
  6. If applicable, include your approval letter from either the Arizona Department of Insurance or the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions. This is concerning name requirements. If your corporation name contains the words bank, banker, banking, banc, banco, banque, credit union, deposit, savings association, building association, savings and loan association, building and loan association, savings bank, thrift, trust, or trust company you will need written permission.
  7. Don’t forget your cover sheet! All documents must be submitted with a Cover Sheet. There is an official cover sheet form you will have to fill out and attach. You will be able to find the downloadable Cover Sheet form on the Corporate Divisions Forms section of the Arizona Corporation Commission website.

Is there a filing fee?

The filing fee is $175.

How can I pay my filing fee?

If you are submitting the documents in person, then you can pay with a credit card, check, or with cash. If you are mailing in your documents, then you can pay with check or money order.

Important information regarding payment by check:

If you are paying by check, then make sure that the name of the account holder and the address are printed. Handwritten or stamped names and addresses won’t be accepted. Make the check payable to Arizona Corporation Commission, with no abbreviations.

Additional Nonprofit Resources:

Arizona Nonprofit Tax Exemption

Where do I mail my submission?

Include your Application for Authority, all required accompanying documents, cover letters, and payment and mail them to:

Arizona Corporation Commission
Corporations Division
1300 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007

You can also deliver your submission in person to this address.

Have additional questions?

The Arizona Corporation commission has a customer service call center for additional questions:
(602) 542-3026

Within Arizona only:
(800) 345-5819

When You Want More