Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Hawaii

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Hawaii, you must file an Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation with the Hawaii Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail, by fax, or online. The Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation costs $25 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation and register a foreign nonprofit in Hawaii. Or, you can simply sign up for our Hawaii Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Hawaii Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Hawaii. All for free.

Hawaii Foreign Nonprofit

$253.50 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Hawaii

How do I register my foreign nonprofit corporation in Hawaii?

File the Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation with the Hawaii Secretary of State online, via mail, or by fax. The Hawaii Secretary of State has made great effort to make it easy to fill out all the forms and pay online. (You can find the link to their website below.)

What’s the cost to register a foreign nonprofit in Hawaii?

Hawaii charges $25 for foreign nonprofit corporations to file their certificate of authority. If you want a quick turnaround, you can pay an additional $25 expedite fee. If you file online, which we recommended, you can pay with an electronic check or credit card. If you file via mail, pay with a personal check or money order. If you file by fax, call the Hawaii Secretary of State to pay with a credit card.

How long will it take Hawaii to process my certificate of authority?

If you file online, the turnaround time is typically three to five days. If you pay the expedite fee, you can expect to have your certificate of authority in a day or two. If you file by mail, expect to wait one to two weeks.

Does Hawaii require a Certificate of Good Standing from my nonprofit corporation’s home state?

Yes, you will be asked to attach a Certificate of Good Standing (or its equivalent) dated within 60 days of your qualification filing.

Will I need a Hawaiian registered agent for my foreign nonprofit?

Yes! When you hire Northwest as your registered agent in Hawaii, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account.

Does the registered agent need to sign the Certificate of Authority?

No, Hawaii doesn’t require the registered agent sign the Certificate of Authority.

What kind of annual requirements does Hawaii have for foreign nonprofit corporations?

Foreign nonprofit corporations in Hawaii must file an annual report and pay a $5 report fee. Reports are due at the end of the quarter in which the nonprofit corporation was originally filed. The deadlines are as follows:

  • March 31st
  • June 30th
  • Sept. 30th
  • Dec. 31st

To qualify a foreign nonprofit in Hawaii:

Business Registration Division
335 Merchant Street
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 40, Honolulu, Hawaii 96810
Phone: (808) 586-2727
Website: http://hawaii.gov/dcca/breg/registration/fnpc/

Additional Nonprofit Resources:

Hawaii Nonprofit Tax Exemption

Hawaii Charity Registration

When You Want More