Puerto Rico Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
A Puerto Rico registered agent is a resident or company registered in the commonwealth that has a registered office address in Puerto Rico and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a company that has listed it as their registered agent. Under Puerto Rico state code, Puerto Rico registered agent services must have a physical address—a P.O. Box will not work.
With our Puerto Rico registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, free Phone Service for 60 days, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Puerto Rico Registered Agents:
- Get Puerto Rico Registered Agent Service
- What Do Puerto Rico Registered Agents Do?
- Legal Requirements for Puerto Rico Registered Agents
- How Do I Change My Puerto Rico Registered Agent?
- What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
- Puerto Rico Registered Agent FAQs
- How To Order Registered Agent Service
What Do Puerto Rico Registered Agents Do?
A Puerto Rico registered agent maintains a physical address in Puerto Rico (called a registered office) and accepts legal documents and official mail on behalf of your business.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Puerto Rico Registered Agents?
According to Puerto Rico’s General Corporations Act (Chapter 223 Section 3542), the requirements for a registered agent in Puerto Rico are as follows:
- Have to be residents or judicial persons (companies) that provide registered agent services.
- Have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Puerto Rico.
- Accept legal documents during regular working hours.
How Do I Change My Puerto Rico Registered Agent?
Changing your registered agent requires filing a Certificate of Change of Resident Agent form with the Puerto Rico Department of State, Division of Corporations. It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Puerto Rico registered agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Northwest Phone Service: We know your business needs don’t stop at formation. That’s why we now offer Northwest Phone Service, a feature-packed virtual phone line that allows you to call and text your customers from any device. Our in-house Phone Service is just $9 monthly, with the first 60 days included FREE of charge when you hire us as your registered agent.
- Free Credit Card Processing Consultation: Considering accepting credit and debit card payments? We can help you sort that out. When you hire us, you have the option to sign up for a complimentary in-house call with our card industry specialists who work with processors to negotiate low rates and better contracts on your behalf. Check out our Payment Processing Service page to learn more.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Puerto Rico Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A Puerto Rico Registered Agent?
When you register your business in Puerto Rico, you need to appoint a registered agent. Puerto Rico registered agents provide the general public and Puerto Rican government a reliable way to send important mail or legal notices to your business in PR. When you hire Northwest, you’ll not only receive the best registered agent service in Puerto Rico, but you’ll also be given an online account to manage all of your business’ state registrations, as we provide service in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Puerto Rico?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Puerto Rico. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0 upfront, a Puerto Rico registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Can I Use Your Puerto Rico Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Puerto Rico Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Puerto Rico?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without a Puerto Rico registered agent service. You find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How To Order Puerto Rico Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Puerto Rico registered agent service once your business registration filing is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Puerto Rico registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Puerto Rico registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Puerto Rico corporate compliance.