Starting a Business in ArizonaWe’re Just Not Annoying®
HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN ARIZONA
Starting a business in Arizona can and should be easier than you think. You file simple forms with the AZ Corporation Commission, and your business is formed! Obviously there’s a few more things than that, but if you’d like to start your own business yourself, you will find it easy to hire us as your registered agent and you’ll find all the forms you could file to start a business in Arizona, along with great filing instructions on the quickest and cheapest ways to start your business in Arizona.
What’s the actual process to start a business in Arizona?
File Your Articles
You file articles of incorporation for an Arizona corporation or articles of organization for an Arizona LLC with the AZ Corporations Commission.
Obtain a Federal Tax ID
You obtain a federal tax ID number (FEIN or EIN) with the IRS after you have confirmation and filed articles from the State of Arizona showing your approved Arizona business.
Open a Bank Account
Opening a business banking account under your new Arizona business name should be easy with these items.
Register with the Dept of Revenue
If you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax, you will probably need to register with the AZ department of revenue. We provide all these links in your online account.
Apply for Licenses
If your business trade requires a license, you’ll have to apply for a license with the Arizona licensing board. (Most businesses don’t.) But if you do, these quick links and contact details are in your online account. Some local cities or counties have a general license, but most don’t. You obtain a local trade license if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
Get Proper Zoning
If you’re going to have an office or shop you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
Get Up and Running
If you get overwhelmed, just get your business pulling in money and worry about regulations later.
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? You can save some money:
If you want to start a business in Arizona yourself, you can just hire us as your Arizona registered agent, and you’ll instantly have the Arizona LLC or corporation forms to file along with filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to incorporate an Arizona corporation or form a Arizona LLC. You’ll get the ongoing support of our online tools, reminders and the support of a professional Arizona statutory agent service.Start Your Business Today
If you want a corporation, you file Arizona Articles of Incorporation:
To form an Arizona corporation, you file Arizona Articles of Incorporation. The Arizona articles of incorporation cost $60 with the Arizona Division of Corporations. We custom draft your Arizona articles of incorporation. The requirements for Arizona corporationsare:
- The Arizona corporation must have a corporate ending such as incorporated, corporation or an abbreviation thereof.
- The duration of the corporation is “perpetual” unless otherwise stated.
- The purpose of the Arizona corporation.
- The number of shares the Arizona corporation is authorized to issue.
- The name of the registered agent in Arizona and the registered office address.
- The name and address of the directors of the Arizona corporation.
- The name and address of the Arizona incorporators.
- Date of execution.
- The Arizona incorporator must sign the Articles of Incorporation.
- The name and business address of the person preparing the AZ articles of incorporation.
- Certificate of disclosure.
Arizona does not require original signatures on filings. The stamped form will be mailed to the address of the person who filed the documents.
If you want an LLC, you file Arizona Articles of Organization:
To form an Arizona LLC, you file Arizona Articles of Organization. The basic requirements of Arizona LLC filings are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it such as LLC, L.L.C.
- The Arizona business name must be different than already registered Arizona businesses.
- The duration of the Arizona LLC (usually perpetual.)
- Arizona limited liability companies must state a purpose.
- The Arizona registered agent and the physical address.
- The names and addresses of the initial member(s), and organizer, if any.
- If the AZ limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers, you must list the names and addresses of the AZ LLC managers.
- Someone must sign as the AZ LLC organizer.
- Name, address and phone number of the person that prepared the form.
Arizona does not require original signatures on filings. The stamped form will be mailed to the Arizona corporate agent.