West Virginia Annual Report Service & Filing Instructions
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
All West Virginia corporations, nonprofits, LLCs, and LPs must file a West Virginia Annual Report each year. These reports must be submitted to the West Virginia Secretary of State. This page offers clear instructions for how to file the West Virginia Annual Report yourself. We include filing due dates, fees, required information, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Or, you can hire us to file the West Virginia Annual Report for you!
We'll File For You
We’ll worry about filing your West Virginia Annual Report so you don’t have to.
- Guaranteed On-Time Filing
- Professional Preparation
- Maintain Good Standing
- Keep Your Company Active
When we file your annual report, we help keep your personal information private.
- Stay Off “Inactive” Lists
- Keep State Info Current
- State Records Monitoring
- Update Records Instantly
West Virginia Annual Report Service$100 + State Fees
How to File Your West Virginia Annual Report
Filing your West Virginia Annual Report requires the following steps:
- Find the filing fees and due date.
- Complete the report online OR download a paper form.
- Submit your report to the West Virginia Secretary of State.
We’ve provided a guide below to help you complete these steps and successfully file your West Virginia Annual Report.
West Virginia Annual Report Due Dates and Fees
West Virginia Annual Report Fee Schedule
How to File
Corporations, LLCs, Nonprofits, LPs – foreign and domestic
Online or Paper Form
*Online filings will be charged a $1 convenience fee.
Late Fees: West Virginia will charge all corporations, LLCs, and LPs an additional $75 for failing to file an annual report. Nonprofits will incur a $50 penalty fee.
Filing Your West Virginia Annual Report
You may file your West Virginia Annual Report online OR by mail. Either way, you’ll need to visit the West Virginia Secretary of State website.
- On the state website, go to the “Annual Reports” page.
- Click the blue button labeled “Select Your Company Type.”
- Once you have chosen your specific business entity, click “File Online” OR “Download a Blank Annual Report.”
To File Online:
- Log into your existing account, create a new account by clicking “Create an account here,” OR file an annual report as a guest – no login required.
- If you choose to log into an existing account OR create a new account, you will need to click “SOS Annual Report” once you’re successfully logged in. Then, enter your business name in the search box. After selecting your business from the search results, you will follow a series of prompts to complete the filing process.
- If you choose to file as a guest, you will enter your business name in the search box and then click “search.” After selecting your business from the search results, a series of prompts will guide you through the filing process.
Here is a list of information you will need to include, verify, and/or update on your West Virginia Annual Report:
- Business name.
- Date you registered your business in West Virginia.
- State you initially formed in.
- Business Tax ID.
- County your business is located in.
- County and business class codes. You may leave this blank if you don’t know your codes.
- Principal and mailing address.
- Registered agent name and address. If you are updating/changing this information, your new registered agent must sign the annual report.
- Business email address.
- Business website – if applicable.
- Number of employees – include the total number that are West Virginia residents.
- Parent company names and addresses – if applicable.
- Officer, member, or partner names and addresses. Manager-managed LLCs provide manager information instead of member information.
- Signature of one officer, partner, or member.
Online filings must be paid with a credit card. In addition, you will be assessed a $1 convenience fee.
Mailed filings must include a check or money order made payable to “West Virginia Secretary of State.”
Concerned about late fees or potential penalties ? Worried you might forget to file? Hire Northwest Registered Agent to complete and file your West Virginia Annual Report for you!
Get West Virginia Annual Report Service Today!GET STARTED
How Our West Virginia Annual Report Service Works
For $100 plus the state-mandated report fee, we’ll file your annual report. That’s $126 total.
- You can sign up for this service by itself or add it to an existing service inside your client account. Compliance service is also automatically added when you hire us to provide your registered agent service or form your West Virginia LLC, West Virginia corporation or West Virginia nonprofit.
- Once you’re signed up for business renewal service, you’ll pay nothing up front. We’ll send you a reminder 90 days before your filing due date and auto-charge your preferred payment method five days later.
Annual Report Service Benefits
At Northwest Registered Agent, we’re committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. West Virginia Annual Reports are public record, so we’ve designed our annual report service to protect your privacy. Here’s how:
- We will list OUR contact information instead of yours on the report form.
- Only the minimum required information will be included.
- We will list our IP address – limiting the connection between your cell phone, personal computer, and work computers – this makes it harder for advertisers to follow you.
- We will list our bank and credit card information – not yours.
We believe everyone has the right to keep their information private. That’s why privacy is our guiding principle when we create every service and product.
West Virginia Annual Report FAQ
Does West Virginia require new businesses to file initial reports?
Nope! New businesses are not required to file initial reports in West Virginia.
Are there late fees or penalties if I don’t file my West Virginia Annual Report?
If you file after the July 1st deadline, West Virginia will charge your corporation, LLC, or LP a $75 penalty fee. Nonprofits will be assessed an additional $50.
Your business can also be administratively dissolved or revoked if your report remains unfiled.
How long does it take to process a West Virginia Annual Report?
Standard processing time is 5-10 business days. However, if you need expedited processing, you can add an additional $25 (24-hour processing), $250 ( 2-hour processing), OR $500 (1-hour processing).
Who can file a West Virginia Annual Report?
After starting a business in West Virginia, your annual report can be submitted by an officer, member, partner, or someone outside the business who’s hired to file on your behalf. When you hire Northwest Registered Agent for business renewal service, we complete and file your West Virginia Annual Report.
Do West Virginia Annual Reports require original signatures?
No, the West Virginia Annual Report can be filed with electronic signatures.
Where can I get more information about the West Virginia Annual Report filing?
West Virginia One Stop Business Center
1615 East Washington Street
Charleston, WV 25311-2126
T: (304) 558-8000
Fax: (304) 558-8381
North Central WV Business Hub
200 West Main Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
T: (304) 367-2775
Fax: (304) 627-2243
Eastern Panhandle Business Hub
229 East Martin Street
Martinsburg, WV 25401
T: (304) 356-2654
Fax: (304) 260-4360