West Virginia Incorporation Services
- Filed West Virginia Articles
- West Virginia Corporate Bylaws
- WV shareholder resolutions
- WV corporate stock certificates
HERE FOR YOU
- We’ll be your registered agent
- WV corporate renewal reminders
- Online corporate tools
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
How to Incorporate in West Virginia
You incorporate in West Virginia by submitting Articles of Incorporation (along with a $50 filing fee) to the WV Secretary of State’s Business Division. The Business Division will process the filing within two business days and officially form your West Virginia corporation. After you incorporate in West Virginia, you should obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS, hold an initial shareholders meeting to appoint a Board of Directors and corporate officers, and write your company’s bylaws. Every year, your WV corporation will need to file an Annual Report and pay the reporting fee of $25. Corporations must also pay a Business Franchise Tax based on taxable capital (minimum $50).
What will it cost to incorporate in West Virginia?
$50 West Virginia articles of incorporation filing fee.
What are the costs involved in forming a West Virginia LLC?
West Virginia LLC articles of organization will cost $100.
How long will it take to get my West Virginia incorporation or West Virginia LLC processed?
It will take the West Virginia Secretary of State, Business Division 1-2 business days to process your West Virginia articles of incorporation. There is no expedited processing. If you are in a hurry, consider overnighting your incorporation filing to the West Virginia SOS.
Do I need to reserve a name before I can incorporate in West Virginia?
What am I going to be looking at for ongoing fees to West Virginia?
WV annual report fee is $25 if SOS receives your report by the due date. If it is late, the fee is $125.
What are the West Virginia business taxes?
West Virginia has a corporate net income tax rate of 7.75%. Corporations also have to pay the WV Business Franchise Tax which is based on the corporations taxable capital. The franchise tax rate is currently .27%. There is a $50 minimum on the franchise tax.
Many local municipalities have a Business and Occupation Tax that can be up to 1% of gross revenues.
West Virginia personal income tax rates range from 3%-6.5%.
What does your West Virginia incorporation service include?
- Drafting custom articles for a West Virginia LLC or West Virginia corporation.
- The West Virginia incorporator initial resolution for a corporation, or West Virginia organizer if West Virginia LLC.
- Ratified West Virginia corporate bylaws, or operating agreement if West Virginia LLC.
- The state of West Virginia incorporation filing fees.
- Statutory agent service for West Virginia.
- Our service fees are: $100 for West Virginia incorporation service and $125 for West Virginia registered agent.
All for a total of only $325 for a West Virginia LLC or $275 for a West Virginia corporation.