West Virginia LLC
Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your West Virginia LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed West Virginia LLC Articles
- WV LLC operating agreement
- WV LLC resolutions
- WV LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- WV annual report reminders
- WV business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
West Virginia Limited Liability Company
West Virginia LLCs are governed by the West Virginia Code – Chapter 31B, Uniform Limited Liability Company Act.
How do I form a West Virginia LLC?
Forming an LLC in West Virginia costs a $100 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The state of West Virginia Secretary of State is in charge of filing West Virginia LLCs, and it will take 1-2 business days to process your West Virginia limited liability company articles of organization when you file by mail or online.
What does your West Virginia LLC service include?
- Drafting custom West Virginia company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the WV Secretary of State.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- West Virginia limited liability company operating agreement.
- The West Virginia LLCs state filing fees.
- West Virginia registered agent service.
Our fees are: $100 West Virginia limited liability company service and $125 West Virginia registered agent service.
What is the total West Virginia LLC cost if I use your service?
$325 for a West Virginia limited liability company and that includes the states West Virginia LLC filing fee.
Any WV company expedited options?
West Virginia doesn’t have expedited processing. They process new filings in about 24-48 hours though. If you are in a big hurry, you may want to overnight your filing to the West Virginia SOS.
Do I need a West Virginia registered agent?
You need to include your registered agent in your WV articles of organization.
Do I need an FEIN?
If you want to hire employees you need a federal tax ID number.
How much does a WV LLC cost each year?
West Virginia LLC annual reports are due on June 30th each year. The WV annual report costs $25 if you file it on time, but $125 if you file after the due date.
What are the West Virginia LLC taxes?
West Virginia LLCs have to pay WV taxes, including the West Virginia Business Franchise Tax. The franchise tax is based on taxable capital with a minimum tax of $50. The franchise tax rate is currently .27%.
Many local municipalities have a Business and Occupation Tax that can be up to 1% of gross revenues.
Personal income tax rates in West Virginia range from 3%-6.5%
What should I know about forming a West Virginia LLC?
We can help you with more than learning how to start a West Virginia LLC. We have done exhaustive research about filing in West Virginia so that you don’t have to! And we provide additional state forms and filing instructions in your online account when you sign up.
- Register your LLC in a different state
- West Virginia certified copy of articles
- West Virginia apostille
- How to reinstate an LLC in West Virginia
- How to dissolve a West Virginia LLC
Do I need any other West Virginia LLC forms and documentation?
Please take advantage of the following Free LLC Forms:
- Free LLC operating agreement
- Membership certificate
- First meeting minutes
- LLC resolution to open a bank account
- Articles of Organization