Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Arkansas LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Arkansas LLC Articles
- AR LLC operating agreement
- AR LLC resolutions
- AR LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your AR registered agent
- AR annual report reminders
- AR business forms
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
Arkansas Limited Liability Company
How do I form an Arkansas LLC?
Forming an LLC in Arkansas will cost $50. File LLC Articles of Organization with the Arkansas Secretary of State Business Commercial Services. It will take about 2-3 business days to process your Arkansas limited liability company articles of organization if you file by paper or online.
What is required to file Arkansas LLC Articles of Organization?
To form an Arkansas LLC, you file Arkansas LLC articles of organization. The Arkansas articles of organization cost $50 to the Arkansas Secretary of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Arkansas LLC articles of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Arkansas LLC registration, but if you’d like to save some money, you could just hire us as your AR registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately.
The basic requirements are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it.
- New Arkansas LLCs name must be different than already registered Arkansas companies.
- Duration of the Arkansas LLC.
- The purpose of the Arkansas limited liability company.
- The Arkansas registered agent and the physical address.
- The names and addresses of the initial member(s), and organizer, if any.
- If the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers or members. The members or managers names are not required on the initial articles.
- The Arkansas organizer must sign.
- Name, address and phone number of the person that prepared the form.
Arkansas does not require original signatures on filings. The registered Arkansas LLC paperwork will be mailed to the person who made the filing. If you file online, you can see all the filed documents immediately.
What’s the actual process to start an Arkansas LLC?
- Arkansas LLC registration is started when you file the articles of organization for an Arkansas LLC with the Secretary of State.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Arkansas that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- You register your Arkansas LLC with the department of revenue or labor if you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don’t.)
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
- If you’re going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
What does our Arkansas LLC formation service include?
- Drafting custom Arkansas company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the AR Secretary of State Business Commercial Services.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- Arkansas limited liability company operating agreement.
- The Arkansas State filing fees.
- Arkansas registered agent service
- Our fees are: $100 for Arkansas limited liability company formation and $125 Arkansas registered agent service.
What is the total Arkansas LLC formation service cost?
$275 for an Arkansas limited liability company and that includes the states filing fee, a year of registered agent service, and our LLC formation fee.
Any AR company expedited options?
We auto expedite all corporate filings. It will only take us 2-3 days to complete an AR LLC.
How much does an AR LLC cost each year?
Arkansas LLCs have to file the Arkansas Annual Franchise Tax Report. This Arkansas annual report can be filed online or by mail. The annual LLC reports are due by May 1st and cost $150.
Do I need an Arkansas registered agent?
Arkansas LLCs must list their registered agent in the Articles of Organization.
Do I need Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need an federal tax ID number if you want to open a business bank account and/or hire employees.
What are the Arkansas LLC taxes?
You should know about Arkansas taxes. The personal income tax in Arkansas ranges from 1-7%. Most everyone will fall in the 7% net income tax bracket. The Arkansas LLC is defaulted to be taxed at the personal level, making it very easy from an Arkansas state tax perspective.
The average Arkansas sales tax rate is 7.79% (the state has a 6% tax, but the average local tax is 1.79% making a total of 7.79%).
What else should I know about managing an Arkansas LLC?
Forming an Arkansas LLC is just the beginning. There are many other filings you may need to do to maintain your Arkansas LLC.
- As your business expands, you may need to learn how to register your LLC in other states. If you want to register your LLC in another state, you will likely need a, Arkansas Certified Copy and/or an Arkansas Certificate of Good Standing. To do business in a foreign country, you may need an Arkansas Apostille.
- If your Arkansas LLC is delinquent on its franchise tax reports, you should check out our Arkansas LLC Reinstatement page.
- When the time comes to end your business, you will want to learn about Arkansas LLC Dissolution.
What other LLC forms do I need?
Please take advantage of the following Free LLC Forms:
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Interest Bill of Sale
What other Arkansas business entity options are there?
Want to compare entities? See our Arkansas Corporation page.