Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Corporation in Idaho

To register a foreign corporation in Idaho, you must file a Idaho Application for Certificate of Authority with the Idaho Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail, in person, or online. The Application for Certificate of Authority for a foreign Idaho corporation costs $101 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Application Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Idaho. Or, sign up for our Idaho Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Idaho Application for Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Idaho. All for free.

10 Day Idaho Foreign Corporation

$326 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Idaho

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Idaho?

There’s also a $1 fee for debit or credit card processing, and you can pay an additional $20 for expedited processing.

How long does it take for the state to process the Idaho Certificate of Authority?

Currently, the Idaho Secretary of State is processing foreign registrations in about 10 business days. Expedited filings take about 1 business day.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Idaho?

A stamped copy of your application will be returned to you by mail.

What forms do I file with Idaho to qualify my out of State Corporation?

The Application for Certificate of Authority, Certificate of Existence or Good Standing and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

A Certificate of Existence or Good Standing is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

Dated within 90 days from the application date.

Will I need an Idaho registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your corporation in Idaho. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Idaho registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Idaho Certificate of Authority?

By mail, online or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Idaho Secretary of State
450 N. 4th Street
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0080
Phone: (208)334-2301

Do the signatures on the Idaho corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

A director of an officer of the corporation must sign the form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Idaho?

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Idaho annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

ID Annual reports are due on the last day of the month, on the anniversary month you initially filed.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Idaho registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Idaho. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional ID Corporation Resources:

Idaho Taxes

Withdraw a Foreign Idaho Corporation

When You Want More