Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Corporation in Wisconsin

To register a foreign corporation in Wisconsin, you must file a Wisconsin Certificate of Authority Application with the State of Wisconsin, Department of Financial Institutions, Division of Corporate and Consumer Services. You can submit this document by mail, fax, or in person. The Certificate of Authority for a foreign Wisconsin corporation costs $100 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Wisconsin. Or, sign up for our Wisconsin Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Wisconsin Certificate of Authority Application. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Wisconsin. All for free.

5 Day Wisconsin Foreign Corporation

$325 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Wisconsin

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Wisconsin?

$100 for all normal processing for the first $60,000 of capital represented in Wisconsin (be sure to include the $3 fee per $1,000 of representation over $60,000).
$45 for all non-profit.
$25 additional for expedited processing.

How long does it take for the state to process the Wisconsin Certificate of Authority?

Normal Processing: 5 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person Processing: 5 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
Expedited Processing: by the end of the next business day, plus additional time for mailing.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Wisconsin?

You will receive a certificate by mail. You will also receive a copy of your application if you provide a duplicate copy.

What forms do I file with Wisconsin to qualify my out of State Corporation?

The Certificate of Authority Application form (in duplicate), a Certificate of Status and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

Certificate of Status/Existence/Good Standing is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

Not more than 60 days prior to filing.

Will I need an Wisconsin registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent in Wisconsin, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year. You’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Wisconsin registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Wisconsin Certificate of Authority?

By mail, fax or in person. You may fax your form only if you use their online order system to prepay for the fees. Once you go through their online order system you will need to fax your receipt along with your form and Certificate of Status to their office.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

State of Wisconsin
Department of Financial Institutions
Division of Corporate and Consumer Services
P O Box 7846
Madison WI 53707-7846


345 W. Washington Ave – 3rd Fl.
Madison WI 53703
Phone: (608)261-7577
Fax: (608)267-6813

Do the signatures on the Wisconsin corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

An officer of the foreign Wisconsin corporation must sign the form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Wisconsin?

County filing or publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Wisconsin annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Annual reports in Wisconsin are due March 31st. Notice of your corporation annual report due date will be mailed to you on a postcard and can be filed online or by mail. Filing your annual report online will be at a reduced fee.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Wisconsin registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Wisconsin. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional Resources:

Taxes in Wisconsin
How to Withdraw a Foreign Corporation in Wisconsin
State by State Foreign Corporation Requirements

When You Want More