Idaho Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Idaho business forms to file
- Idaho filing tips
- ID company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Local Document Scans in Real Time
- Local Corporate Guides™ In Every State
What is an Idaho Registered Agent?
An Idaho registered agent is either an individual Idaho resident or a business registered in the state that is appointed by a company for the sole purpose of accepting legal documents and official business mail. Every business entity is required by law to designate an Idaho registered agent on its Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Organization. An Idaho registered agent maintains a physical office location in the state, keeps regular business hours, and accepts all notices, demands and service of process served upon a client. All documents are then forwarded to the client in a timely manner.
Registered Agent Service in Idaho
What do Idaho registered agents do?
- Accept legal documents and official mail on behalf of your business in Idaho and get them to you fast.
- Idaho registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Idaho where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail, like tax notices. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
Who needs a registered agent in Idaho?
Why you need an Idaho registered agent:
- Idaho law requires all registered businesses to appoint one.
- The Idaho Secretary of State will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Idaho’s registered agent requirement was created so the general public and the Secretary of State have a reliable way to contact or serve your business.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- It’s not personal, but you may struggle with your business filing. Idaho business registration filings can be tricky, but we do them every day. As part of our Idaho registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you’d need to file any business with any state. We make sure you have easy access to everything you may need in your online account.
- Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the Idaho Secretary of State’s filing process. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones (many of whom live or grew up in Idaho) aren’t reading from scripts or trying to upsell you—we’re just here to help start your new business.
- This is only the beginning. Running a business in Idaho will require a lot of maintenance. When you form an LLC or corporation here, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Idaho annual report (your report will be due on the last day of your business’ anniversary date). Unlike other states, Idaho’s annual reports are free to file, but if you don’t file one your business could be administratively dissolved.
- We offer complete corporate services in Idaho. You’ll always know about upcoming report due dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your corporate reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state uses. If laws that affect your business should change, you’ll know about it, because we have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. Additionally, we provide you with not just a notice but the forms you need to maintain your business—already prepopulated with your information on them—all at no additional charge.
- Free tools. We don’t simply send you a bill for registered agent service each year. We also offer all the legal forms you need to maintain your corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, LLP, or any other type of business entity in Idaho. Through our Corporate Service Manager, you need only enter your information once and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms, like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
- Privacy. Choosing a registered agent isn’t an easy decision. It matters. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, they will contact your registered agent. We’ve implemented tough privacy policies to keep your data private. Our trained staff will not give away your information, and our in-house data security professionals stress-test our systems regularly. Also, we prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re hiring Northwest Registered Agent. We are not a mega sized corporate service where registered agent service is a line item on a profit and loss sheet. We don’t see your business with us as a dividend payment to our owners. Registered agent service isn’t some new idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Idaho Registered Agent Requirements:
Whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Idaho requires the same from its registered agents:
- An Idaho registered agent must be an Idaho resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- ID registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Idaho).
- The registered agent must accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
How to change your Idaho registered agent:
- File a change of agent form with the Idaho Secretary of State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Idaho registered agent page.
Idaho Registered Agent FAQ
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Idaho?
We accept and scan all of our Idaho clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Coeur D’Alene, ID.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business, we will scan the docs from our Coeur D’Alene office within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your Idaho office?
- We don’t want all of your business’ mail, but we do want to help if we can.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the postal service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Idaho, things come directly to us—Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc.—care of you.
- If we do receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I use the address of your Idaho registered office for everything on my business filing?
Yes! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything on a filing to help keep your address private.
Will you let me know when my Idaho annual report is due?
Yes! If you own an LLC or corporation in Idaho, you’ll need to file your ID annual report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.
How do Idaho registered agents receive service of process?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof of notification. Whether you receive the documents your Idaho registered agent signs for or not, once they accept the documents, you’ve legally been notified. This is a serious responsibility and we don’t take it lightly. Here’s how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our Coeur D’Alene office and hands us the documents (service of process), and then we sign for them.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court which states that they “served” us.
- If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents, because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
Do I hire a registered agent service before or after I start my Idaho business?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation. The Secretary of State’s Corporations Division will reject your business registration filing if you don’t already have a registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How to get Idaho registered agent service:
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Idaho registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Idaho Secretary of State.
- We collect the first year’s fee for registered agent service up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send an invoice for another year of Idaho registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Idaho registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Idaho corporate paperwork formalities like the Idaho annual report.