Idaho Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
An Idaho registered agent is either an individual Idaho resident or a business registered in the state that is appointed by a company for the sole purpose of accepting legal documents and official business mail. Every business entity is required by law to designate an Idaho registered agent on its Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Organization. An Idaho registered agent maintains a physical office location in the state, keeps regular business hours, and accepts all notices, demands and service of process served upon a client. All documents are then forwarded to the client in a timely manner.
What Do Idaho Registered Agents Do?
- Accept legal documents and official mail on behalf of your business in Idaho and get them to you fast.
- Idaho registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Idaho where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail, like tax notices. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
Idaho Registered Agent Requirements:
Whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Idaho requires the same from its registered agents:
- An Idaho registered agent must be an Idaho resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- ID registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Idaho).
- The registered agent must accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
Why You Need An Idaho Registered Agent:
- Idaho law requires all registered businesses to appoint one.
- The Idaho Secretary of State will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Idaho’s registered agent requirement was created so the general public and the Secretary of State have a reliable way to contact or serve your business.
How To Change Your Idaho Registered Agent:
- File a change of agent form with the Idaho Secretary of State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Idaho registered agent page.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Idaho Registered Agent FAQs
Can I Use The Address Of Your Idaho Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Yes! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything on a filing to help keep your address private.
Why Do I Need Northwest As My Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
After You Accept Service Of Process, How Will You Get My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business, we will scan the docs from our Coeur D’Alene office within minutes to your online account.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Idaho?
We accept and scan all of our Idaho clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Coeur D’Alene, ID.
Will You Let Me Know When My Idaho Annual Report Is Due?
Yes! If you own an LLC or corporation in Idaho, you’ll need to file your ID annual report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Idaho Office?
- We don’t want all of your business’ mail, but we do want to help if we can.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the postal service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Idaho, things come directly to us—Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc.—care of you.
- If we do receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
How Do Idaho Registered Agents Receive Service Of Process?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof of notification. Whether you receive the documents your Idaho registered agent signs for or not, once they accept the documents, you’ve legally been notified. This is a serious responsibility and we don’t take it lightly. Here’s how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our Coeur D’Alene office and hands us the documents (service of process), and then we sign for them.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court which states that they “served” us.
- If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents, because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Service Before Or After I Start My Idaho Business?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation. The Secretary of State’s Corporations Division will reject your business registration filing if you don’t already have a registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How To Get Idaho Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your Idaho registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Idaho Secretary of State.
We collect the first year’s fee for registered agent service up front.
About a year later, we’ll send an invoice for another year of Idaho registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Idaho registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Idaho corporate paperwork formalities like the Idaho annual report.