New Mexico Registered Agent
Real Time Service
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- NM business forms to file
- New Mexico filing tips
- NM company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Local Document Scans in Real Time
- Local Corporate Guides™ In Every State
what is a new mexico Registered Agent?
A New Mexico registered agent service accepts service of process and other legal notifications on behalf of New Mexico businesses. As your New Mexico registered agent, we accept legal documents or official business mail on your behalf, contact you immediately and upload these documents to your secure online account for you to view.
New Mexico Registered Agent Service
What is a New Mexico registered agent?
New Mexico corporations and LLCs are required to designate a registered agent for service of process and official notices. The registered agent must have a physical address in New Mexico and must be available to accept documents on behalf of the business.
Info your NM registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic NM corporations have a complicated formula to figure out your filing fee. Usually it’s around $200. If your company has a lot of assets and stock value, it can go up to $1000 maximum fee. When trying to explain it on paper, it never makes sense, so please just call and we’ll figure it out for you.
- A domestic New Mexico LLC costs $50 to file, and does not have annual reports.
- A foreign corporation costs $200 minimum up to $1,000 maximum for normal processing (filing fee is determined by the number of authorized shares of the corporation and the estimated dollar amounts provided in item #10 of the application).
- A foreign LLC costs $100 to file.
You can now do most filings online in New Mexico and get a 1-day turnaround. If for some reason you like to file by paper, you can walk in the filing and mail works just fine. The state will take about 2 months to process your filing if you file by paper. All signatures will need to be originals. The registered agent in New Mexico needs to sign your filing. If you want to do your own filing and hire us your registered agent, contact us and we’ll send you a signed consent form ASAP. If you are filing a certificate of good standing, it also needs to be an original, and needs to be dated within 30 days. You need to submit 1 original and 1 copy of the entire filing documents.
What are the ongoing fees for a New Mexico corporation or LLC?
New Mexico LLCs have no annual reports. Corporations in New Mexico file an annual report every 2 years, and it costs $25 to file.
How do I change my New Mexico registered agent?
It costs $25 for corporations and $20 for LLCs to change your NM registered agent.
All New Mexico state filing forms are pre-populated in your online account with our registered agent service. We mail the originally signed letter of consent to act as your registered agent in New Mexico the same day you sign up. Please call after signing up if you need it overnighted.
Many people form New Mexico LLCs for asset protection. We can sign as organizer to keep your name off the docs if you sign up for our incorporation service.
How will I get my documents from you?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our Santa Fe office. For more info on our document delivery system, we’ve created a registered agent infographic.
How do I search for a New Mexico registered agent?
- You can do an New Mexico business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the NM registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their registered agent, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
Yes, at first this New Mexico registered agent service requirement feels like one more annoying expense and bureaucratic racket. But we get it. And since you have to have a New Mexico registered agent, we have taken the opportunity to give you the a helpful service.
- You are likely to struggle with your NM business filing. It’s not personal, but you probably don’t do this every day, so we provide filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you should file in your online account.
- Give us a call! We are here to help you with your New Mexico corporation or LLC filing. The people who answer the phone do this for a living. We’re not reading from a script and you’ll never get a salesperson.
- You are just getting started. New Mexico business entities have ongoing reporting obligations such as the New Mexico annual report. We make sure you always see upcoming report dates for every state you have our registered agent service. We know your filing date with the state so we know when your reports are due. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you not only with a reminder, but the forms to file populated with your info on them.
- Free tools. We provide all the New Mexico forms you need to maintain your corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, LLP, or any other type of New Mexico business. All you have to do is enter your business information one time and we pre-populate a variety of forms and documents for you. We don’t just send you a bill each year; we are always looking for new ways to improve your experience and make managing your business easier.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. Its a scary thought. But you never have to worry about us keeping your credit card information or selling your personal info.
- This is serious! Your New Mexico registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. One mistake can have serious consequences. We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for New Mexico registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Santa Fe. We don’t just mail you a copy of your notice or email it to you. We have the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any New Mexico registered agent service to help make sure you and whomever you want to be notified doesn’t just get a notice about something, but that you’re actually looking at your documents.
- Privacy. When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. This isn’t a game and this isn’t a decision to just make on a whim. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, they will contact our registered agent to find out. We have stringent privacy practices to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals. We also stress test our own systems regularly, and we prosecute people who try to hack us.
- Billing. Read the fine print. We pick up new clients switching New Mexico registered agents every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, you don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” This isn’t just a slogan we made up, it’s our entire company policy.
- We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. It’s not a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit they can find with an army of salespeople. Not that there’s anything wrong with any of those, but this is our lives. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.