North Carolina Incorporation Services
- Filed North Carolina Articles
- North Carolina Corporate Bylaws
- NC shareholder resolutions
- NC corporate stock certificates
HERE FOR YOU
- We’ll be your registered agent
- NC corporate renewal reminders
- Online corporate tools
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
How to Incorporate in North Carolina
You can incorporate in North Carolina by submitting Articles of Incorporation to the Secretary of State’s office. There is a required fee of $125. You may file by mail, in-person, or online. Processing time ranges from five to seven business days (expedite options available). A North Carolina corporation is owned by its shareholders, each of whom offers an initial contribution in return for shares of company stock. After you incorporate in North Carolina, you will need to hold an initial shareholders meeting to ratify your corporate bylaws and appoint a Board of Directors and corporate officers. An Annual Report must be submitted each year within three and a half months of the close of your NC corporation’s tax year. You can file the Annual Report online for $18 or by mail for $25.
What will it cost to incorporate in North Carolina?
$125 North Carolina articles of incorporation filing fee.
What are the costs involved in forming a North Carolina LLC?
North Carolina LLC articles of organization will cost $125.
Do I have to reserve my company name before incorporating in North Carolina?
No. North Carolina does not require name reservation. You can try a free business name search to see if your name is currently available.
How long will it take to get my North Carolina Incorporation or North Carolina LLC processed?
It will take the North Carolina Secretary of State about 5-7 business days to process your North Carolina incorporation and you have to file by mail or in-person. You can pay a $100 expedite fee to have the articles of incorporation processed in 24 hours or $200 for same day processing (before noon).
What am I going to be looking at for ongoing fees to North Carolina?
The North Carolina Secretary of State requires a North Carolina annual report for corporations and LLCs, which is due 3.5 months after the close of your tax year, usually April 15th. The annual report for corporations will cost $18 online and $25 on paper. The annual report for LLCs will cost $200.
What are the North Carolina business taxes?
The North Carolina Corporate net income tax rate is 6.9%, with a minimum tax payment of $35.
There is a franchise tax on assets in North Carolina of $1.50 for every $1,000.
The North Carolina personal net income tax rates are:
$60,000+ : 7.75%
The average North Carolina sales tax rate is 8.07%. The state has a 5.75% tax, but the average local tax is 2.32% making a total of 8.07%.
What does your North Carolina incorporation service include?
If you are starting a business in North Carolina, we can help.
- Drafting custom articles for a North Carolina LLC or North Carolina corporation.
- The North Carolina incorporator initial resolution for a corporation, or North Carolina organizer if North Carolina LLC.
- Ratified North Carolina corporate bylaws, or operating agreement if North Carolina LLC.
- The state of North Carolina incorporation filing fees.
- Resident agent service for North Carolina.
- Our service fees are: $100 for North Carolina incorporation service and $125 for North Carolina registered agent.
All for a total of only $352 for a North Carolina LLC or $352 for a North Carolina corporation.