How to Change Your Registered Agent in Florida
To change your registered agent in Florida, you must complete and file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. The Florida Statement of Change of Registered Agent must be submitted by mail or in person and costs $25 for LLCs, $35 for corporations to file. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Florida Statement of Change of Registered Agent paperwork for you and pay the state filing fee.
Free PDF Download
Download the Florida Statement of Change of Registered Agent form here
Do It Yourself Online
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Florida Statement of Change Registered Agent here
Florida Registered Agent Service$125 Per Year
Steps to Changing Your Florida Registered Agent
If you would like to change your registered agent in Florida, you will need to complete the following three general steps:
- Select a new Florida registered agent. If you hire Northwest for our registered agent service, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you and pay your filing fee.
- Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
- Complete and submit your Florida Statement of Change of Registered Agent to the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
What you need to change registered agents in Florida:
- Filing fee ($25 for LLCs; $35 for corporations)
- Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form
- Note: In Florida, you can only change registered agents by mail or in person if you use the form; however, you can change registered agents on your annual report form, which is filed online.
What are the different ways you can change your Florida registered agent?
All you need to do to change your Florida registered agent is:
- Provide the completed Cover Letter and Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both forms, to the Department of State by mail or in person
- Pay the filing fee
- You can also change your Florida registered agent at the same time as filing your annual report.
- Note: The registered agent signs the bottom of the form accepting the appointment. Florida Corporation and FL LLCs have separate forms for changing registered agent.
To ensure your former agent’s service and obligations come to a full stop, check out our Florida registered agent resignation page.
Changing Your Florida Registered Agent FAQs
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Florida?
There is a $25 fee required to change your limited liability company registered agent in Florida.
There is a $35 fee required to change your corporation registered agent in Florida.
You can request same-day service while you wait if you walk your document in and request it in person. Florida will not charge you extra for this same day processing.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Florida?
Normal processing is approximately one week. Same-day processing is available if you walk your document in to the Secretary of State office and request it.
How do I contact the Florida Department of State?
Florida Department of State
Division of Corporations
Mailing: PO BOX 6327, Tallahassee, FL 32314
Walk-in: Clifton Building, 2661 Executive Center Circle, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Corporations Phone: (850) 245-6050
Can I be my own registered agent?
Yes, it is possible to be your own registered agent in Florida. Note, however, that you’ll need to be available to accept documents during regular business hours, and your name and address will become part of the permanent public record of your business.
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Florida?
The Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form is in your online account immediately, if you sign up for Florida registered agent service with Northwest.
Expect More From a Registered Agent
We have a team of Florida experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Florida Department of State requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Statement of Change of Registered Agent form and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Florida forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Florida.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.