New Mexico Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
A New Mexico registered agent service accepts service of process and other legal notifications on behalf of New Mexico businesses. As your New Mexico registered agent, we accept legal documents or official business mail on your behalf, contact you immediately and upload these documents to your secure online account for you to view.
With our New Mexico registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, free Phone Service for 60 days, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About New Mexico Registered Agents:
What Do New Mexico Registered Agents Do?
According to New Mexico Statute 53-11-11, at minimum, New Mexico registered agents accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail on behalf of your business at a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state. This location is called a registered office.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
How Do I Change My New Mexico Registered Agent?
Time for a new registered agent? Changing agents can be done by filing a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form with the New Mexico Secretary of State. It costs $25 for corporations and $20 for LLCs to change your NM registered agent.
All New Mexico state filing forms are pre-populated in your online account with our registered agent service. We mail the originally signed letter of consent to act as your registered agent in New Mexico the same day you sign up. Please call after signing up if you need it overnighted. Many people form New Mexico LLCs for asset protection. We can sign as organizer to keep your name off the docs if you sign up for our incorporation service.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Northwest Phone Service: We know your business needs don’t stop at formation. That’s why we now offer Northwest Phone Service, a feature-packed virtual phone line that allows you to call and text your customers from any device. Our in-house Phone Service is just $9 monthly, with the first 60 days included FREE of charge when you hire us as your registered agent.
- Free Credit Card Processing Consultation: Considering accepting credit and debit card payments? We can help you sort that out. When you hire us, you have the option to sign up for a complimentary in-house call with our card industry specialists who work with processors to negotiate low rates and better contracts on your behalf. Check out our Payment Processing Service page to learn more.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
New Mexico Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A New Mexico Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In New Mexico?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in New Mexico. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, a New Mexico registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In New Mexico?
We accept and scan all of our New Mexico clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Santa Fe, NM.
Can I Use Your New Mexico Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your New Mexico Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Should I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In New Mexico?
You should hire us first and then form your New Mexico LLC or corporation because the New Mexico Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t list your registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do New Mexico Registered Agents Get Served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your New Mexico registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court—because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How Do I Find A New Mexico Company's Registered Agent?
You can do a New Mexico business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their New Mexico registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How To Order New Mexico Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your New Mexico registered agent service once your business registration filing with the New Mexico Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of New Mexico registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for New Mexico registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with state corporate compliance.