Starting a Business in OregonWe’re Just Not Annoying®
HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN OREGON
Starting a business in Oregon can and should be easier than you think. You file simple forms with the secretary of state, and your business is formed! Obviously there’s a few more things than that, but if you’d like to start your own business yourself, you will find it easy to hire us as your registered agent and you’ll find all the forms you could file to start a business in Oregon, along with great filing instructions on the quickest and cheapest ways to start your business in Oregon.
What’s the actual process to start a business in Oregon?
File Your Articles
You file articles of incorporation for an Oregon corporation or articles of organization for an Oregon LLC with the Oregon Secretary of State.
Obtain a Federal Tax ID
You obtain a federal tax ID number (FEIN or EIN) with the IRS after you have confirmation and filed articles from the State of Oregon showing your approved Oregon business.
Open a Bank Account
Opening a business banking account under your new Oregon business name should be easy with these two items.
Register with the Dept of Revenue
If you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax, you will probably need to register with the OR department of revenue. We provide all these links in your online account.
Apply for Licenses
Check the Oregon License Directory to see if you need any additional certifications, permits, or registrations. Licensing links and information are in your online account when you sign up with Northwest.
Get Proper Zoning
If you’re going to have an office or shop you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
Get Up and Running
If you get overwhelmed, just get your business pulling in money and worry about regulations later.
Are You A Do-It-Yourselfer? You Can Save Some Money:
If you want to start a business in Oregon yourself, you can just hire us as your Oregon registered agent, and you’ll instantly have the Oregon LLC or corporation forms to file along with filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to incorporate an Oregon corporation or form a Oregon LLC. You’ll get the ongoing support of our online tools, reminders and the support of a professional Oregon registered agent service.START YOUR BUSINESS TODAY
If you want a corporation, you file Oregon Articles of Incorporation:
The Oregon articles of incorporation cost $100 with the Oregon Secretary of State.
- Incorporating Oregon ending such as Inc, corporation, or incorporated
- The number of shares
- The Oregon corporations mailing address
- The name, address, and signature of the Oregon incorporator(s)
- The registered agent of the Oregon corporation
- Attach an additional sheet to include any optional provisions
- Oregon does not require original signatures on new OR corporation filings. The SOS will send a filing confirmation by fax or by mailing it to the address on the articles of incorporation.
If you want a LLC, you file Oregon Articles of Organization:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it.
- New Oregon LLCs name must be different than already registered Oregon companies.
- Duration of the Oregon LLC.
- The Oregon registered agent and the physical address.
- The Oregon LLCs mailing address.
- The names, addresses, and signature of the organizer(s).
- If the limited liability company is not member managed, you must state whether it has a single manager or multiple managers. Listing the members and managers in the articles is optional.
- Oregon does not require original signatures on filings. The filing confirmation will be faxed back or mailed to the address specified on the filing.