Colorado Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
A Colorado registered agent is a business or individual that represents a business by accepting service of process and legal notices on behalf of their clients. A registered agent in Colorado must keep regular business hours and maintain a registered office–a physical address within Colorado. A Colorado registered agent is responsible for forwarding all correspondence to clients in a timely manner. This provides the State with a reliable means of contacting all Colorado business entities.
What Do Colorado Registered Agents Do?
Colorado registered agents:
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Colorado and get them to you.
- Need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Colorado where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
Colorado Registered Agent Requirements
According to the Colorado Corporations and Associations Act (7-90-102 (55)), whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Colorado requires the same from its registered agents:
- The CO registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- CO registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Colorado).
- They Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
- If an individual is appointed, he or she must be at least 18 years of age.
Why Do I Need Northwest As My Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
How To Change Your Colorado Registered Agent:
File a Statement of Change Changing the Registered Agent Information form with the Colorado Secretary of State. After you place an order with us, you’ll need to file the form online. All Colorado filings are done online. It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Colorado registered agent page.Hire Us
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Colorado Registered Agent Service
Who Needs A Registered Agent In Colorado?
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
Big data. If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything for you in real time. Through our Online Service Manager, we’ll scan everything for you in real time. Your Colorado registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state, and when you hire us for Colorado registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Boulder, CO. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our Online Service Manager utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Colorado registered agent service to help make sure you, and whoever you want to be notified don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
Privacy. This shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” This isn’t just a saying, it’s a motto we live by.
This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Colorado?
We accept and scan all of our Colorado clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Boulder, CO.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Colorado Office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Colorado, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Colorado Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Will You Let Me Know When My Colorado Periodic Report Is Due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in Colorado, you’ll need to file your CO periodic report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.
How Do Colorado Registered Agents Get Served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your Colorado registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Colorado?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Colorado Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do I Search For A Colorado Registered Agent?
- You can do a Colorado business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Colorado registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs into your online account from our office in Boulder within minutes.
How Do I Get Registered Agent Service In Colorado?
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your Colorado registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Colorado secretary of state.
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Colorado registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you.