Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Corporation in Kansas

To register a foreign corporation in Kansas, you must file a Kansas Foreign Corporation Application with the Kansas Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail, by fax, or in person. The Foreign Corporation Application for a foreign Kansas corporation costs $115 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Foreign Corporation Application and register a foreign corporation in Kansas. Or, sign up for our Kansas Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Kansas Foreign Corporation Application. Fill out the form and submit it online.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Kansas. All for free.

3 Day Kansas Foreign Corporation

$340 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Kansas

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Kansas?

$115 for normal processing.
$20 additional for fax expedited processing.

How long does it take for the state to process the Kansas Certificate of Authority?

Normal Processing: 2-3 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person Processing: filed while you wait, plus additional time for certificate by mail.
Fax Expedited Processing: usually filed the same day, plus additional time for certificate by mail.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Kansas?

You will receive your originally filed stamped application and a certificate by mail, no matter how you file.

What forms do I file with Kansas to qualify my out of State Corporation?

The Foreign Corporation Application, an original Certificate of Good Standing or Existence, a cover letter with the name and phone number of a contact person, and the filing fee are required.

What do I need from my home state?

A Certificate of Good Standing or Existence is required for foreign corporations.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

It must be current within 90 days of filing.

Will I need an Kansas registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your Kansas annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Kansas registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Kansas Certificate of Authority?

By mail, fax or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Kansas Secretary of State
Memorial Hall, 1st Floor
120 S.W. 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612-1594
Phone: (785)296-4564

Do the signatures on the Kansas corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

An authorized officer must sign the application form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Kansas?

County filing or publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Kansas annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Reports are due on the 15th day of the fourth month after your tax closing. It is usually due April 15th.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Kansas registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Kansas. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional Kansas Corporation Resources

Kansas Corporation Information

Kansas Taxes

Withdraw a Foreign Kansas Corporation

When You Want More