Kansas Registered Agent
When you choose Northwest as your Kansas Registered Agent, you get instant service, Privacy by Default®, a business address, and free mail forwarding. And if you want more, you can get a domain name, website, email, and phone number for free.
Want to learn more about what a registered agent does in Kansas? We'll explain the Kansas Secretary of State requirements, what your registered agent should do for you, and how to change your registered agent in Kansas.
When You Want More
$125 a Year Every Year
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service.
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications
- Privacy by Default®
- Business Address & Free Mail Forwarding
- Free Domain, Website, Email & Business Phone
What Is A Kansas Registered Agent?
A Kansas registered agent is the person who is designated to accept important legal mail on behalf of your business. You’ll need to have your registered agent’s name and address ready before you officially register your company with the Kansas Secretary of State.
The rules for your Kansas registered agent are outlined in Kan. Stat. § 17-7925. At a minimum, your registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents during regular business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Kansas, not a P.O. Box.
A registered agent can do so much more than just receive mail. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support for all our clients.
How Do I Change My Kansas Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Kansas:
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you for free.
- Do it yourself and file a Change of Registered Agent by Entity with the Kansas Secretary of State.
Why Northwest Is the Best Registered Agent in Kansas
Our Kansas Registered Agent Service includes the tools you need to keep your business running without a hitch. When you hire Northwest as your registered agent, you get:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
If you want more, you can add free trials of any of these options at checkout:
- Domain Name: Choose a domain name from a list of popular extensions (like .com and .net).
- Website: We provide a pre-built business website, customizable using an open source platform.
- Business Email Address: Create up to 10 business email addresses of your choosing. They’ll end in your domain name for branding ease.
- Phone Number: Keep your personal line private by using a business phone number for client communications.
How to Order Kansas Registered Agent Service
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Kansas registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Kansas Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Kansas registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Kansas registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Kansas corporate compliance.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Kansas Registered Agent FAQs
Who needs a Kansas registered agent?
How do I find a company's registered agent?
If you need to legally notify a business via their Kansas registered agent:
- Look up the company using the Kansas business name search.
- Type in the company name you want to find on the KS Secretary of State website.
- Find the registered agent’s name and address.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent. We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Kansas registered agent service, we scan everything from our office in Wichita, KS. Your Kansas registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just simply email you copies of your notices—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and view your documents. If you’d like, we can also arrange to call and mail you notices until you look at your documents.
Collections. We take in new clients everyday who are sick of their current registered agent’s billing policy. We never send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying,” and we take it to heart.
This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re great at it.
Should hire a Kansas registered agent before or after I form my business?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the Kansas Secretary of State. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a Kansas registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
Where is Northwest's Kansas registered office?
We accept and scan all of our Kansas clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Wichita, KS.
How will I get my important mail when I use Northwest as my Kansas registered agent?
When we accept service of process or certified mail, we scan the documents into your online account from our office in Wichita, immediately.
Can I have my business mail delivered to your Kansas registered office?
We don’t want all of your business mail. It’s not what we do. But we do try to be as helpful as possible in the rare event that we receive your regular mail.