$100 gets our Corporate Guides™ who will form your Georgia LLC, plus:
- Custom LLC articles of Organization
- We form your LLC
- Resolutions showing you own it
- GA LLC operating agreement
- GA LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your GA registered agent
- GA annual report reminders
- GA business forms and instructions
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
Georgia Limited Liability Company
How do I form a Georgia LLC?
If you want to form a Georgia LLC, file Articles of Organization with the Georgia Secretary of State. Forming an LLC in Georgia will cost a $100 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The Georgia SOS takes between 5 and 12 business days to process your Georgia limited liability company articles of organization when you file by mail.
You can pay an additional $100 expedite fee and Georgia SOS will process in 24 hours.
What is required to file Georgia LLC Articles of organization?
To form a Georgia LLC, you file Georgia LLC articles of organization. The Georgia articles of organization cost $100 to the Georgia Secretary of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Georgia LLC articles of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Georgia LLC registration, but if you’d like to save some money, you could just hire us as your GA registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately.
The basic Georgia LLC requirements are:
- The business name must have a LLC ending or variation of it
- The Georgia company name must be different than already registered Georgia companies
- The Georgia LLCs principal mailing address
- The Georgia registered agent name and the physical address
- The Georgia organizers name and address
Georgia does not require original signatures on filings. You need to provide an email address because Georgia SOS sends you an email when they have completed your filing. All you have to do is click on the link to view your filed document.
What’s the actual process to start a Georgia LLC?
- Georgia LLC registration is started when you file the articles of organization for a Georgia LLC with the Secretary of State.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Georgia that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- You register your Georgia LLC with the Georgia Department of Revenue or Georgia Department of Labor if you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade or occupational license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don’t.) Quick links and information are in your online account when you sign up with northwest.
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
- If you’re going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
What does your Georgia LLC formation service include?
- Drafting custom Georgia company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the GA Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- Georgia limited liability company operating agreement.
- The Georgia LLCs state filing fees.
- Georgia registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 Georgia limited liability company service and $125 Georgia registered agent service.
Total Georgia company cost if you use our services:
$325 for a Georgia limited liability company and that includes the states Georgia LLC filing fee.
Any GA company expedited options?
You can pay $100 to have your Georgia LLC formation completed in 24 hours.
How much does a GA LLC cost each year?
A Georgia LLC initial report is due January 1st and April 1st of the year following the calendar year in which the limited liability company was formed and the fee is $30. After that, the Georgia annual report is due every April 1st and the fee will be $30.
Do I need a Georgia registered agent?
Yes, you must list your registered agent in your Georgia Articles of Organization.
Do I need a Federal tax ID number?
If you want to open a bank account or hire employees, you will need to get a federal tax ID first.
What are the Georgia LLC taxes?
Georgia LLCs have to pay Georgia taxes. The Georgia personal net income tax rate ranges from 1% to 6%
The average Georgia sales tax rate is 7.02%. The state has a 4% tax, but the average local tax is 3.02% making a total of 7.02%
What should I know about my Georgia LLC?
Starting a Georgia LLC is just the beginning. The following pages can help you if your business is growing into other states, delinquent, or dissolving.
- Registering an LLC in Another State
- Georgia Certified Copy
- Georgia Apostille
- Georgia LLC Reinstatement
- Georgia LLC Dissolution
What other LLC forms do I need?
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Interest Bill of Sale
Is the Georgia LLC right for my business?
If you want to compare entities, check out our Georgia Corporation page.