Iowa Incorporation Services
- Filed Iowa Articles
- Iowa Corporate Bylaws
- IA shareholder resolutions
- IA corporate stock certificates
HERE FOR YOU
- We’ll be your registered agent
- IA corporate renewal reminders
- Online corporate tools
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
HOW TO INCORPORATE IN IOWA
What will it cost to incorporate in Iowa?
$50 Iowa Articles of Incorporation filing fee.
What are the costs involved in forming an Iowa LLC?
Iowa LLC Certificate of Organization will cost $50.
Do I need to reserve a name before I can incorporate in Iowa?
No, Iowa doesn’t require name reservations. You can do a free business name search online to find out if your business name is available.
How long will it take to get my Iowa Incorporation or Iowa LLC processed?
It will take the Iowa Secretary of State about 3 business days to process your Iowa Articles of Incorporation if you file by fax.
What am I going to be looking at for ongoing fees to Iowa?
Iowa corporations and LLCs file biennial reports. They are due by April 1st of even years for corporations and odd years for LLCs. However, you do not have to file a report in the year your company was formed. For example, if you filed your company January 15th, 2011, you will not file April 1st, 2011; your first report will be due April 1st, 2012. If you file your corporation or LLC on December 15th, 2009, your first report will be due April 1st, 2010.
Biennial reports in Iowa for corporations and LLCs cost $45 on paper and $30 online.
What are the Iowa business taxes?
When you incorporate in Iowa, you will subject yourself to Iowa corporate net income tax rates of 6-12% of your net taxable income. Often a great choice for Iowa incorporation is to elect to be treated as an Iowa S corporation so you can pay your business taxes at the personal net income tax rate. Iowa has a personal income tax rate of .36%-8.98%.
There are also a lot of local income taxes with an average rate of .3%.
The average Iowa sales tax rate is 6.94% (the state has a 6% tax, but the average local tax is .94% making a total of 6.94%.
What does your Iowa incorporation service include?
If you want to start a corporation in Iowa, we can do the state filing for you. Our Iowa incorporation service includes:
- Drafting custom articles for an Iowa LLC or Iowa corporation.
- The Iowa incorporator initial resolution for a corporation, or Iowa organizer if Iowa LLC.
- Ratified Iowa corporate bylaws, or operating agreement if Iowa LLC.
- The state of Iowa incorporation filing fees.
- Resident agent service for Iowa.
- Our service fees are: $100 for Iowa incorporation service and $125 for Iowa registered agent.
All for a total of only $275 for an Iowa LLC or $275 for an Iowa corporation.