Iowa Registered AgentWe’re Just Not Annoying®
What is an Iowa Registered Agent?
An Iowa registered agent is any company or resident of Iowa that agrees to accept official state correspondence, service of process, and annual charter renewal notifications on behalf of business entities registered in the state. An Iowa registered agent must have a registered office with a physical street address in Iowa. The registered office must remain open during normal business hours. Whenever documents are served upon the registered office, your Iowa registered agent is required to forward those documents to you in a timely manner. This system ensures that the state has a reliable means by which to contact a business entity.
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Iowa business forms to file
- Iowa filing tips
- Iowa company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Iowa Registered Agent Service – $125 Total
Why Do I Need Northwest As My Registered Agent?
Orders Filed Same Day
Use Our Address, Not Yours
365 Days Of
Premium Registered Agent Service
Corporate Guide™ Service
We Help Navigate Business Maintenance
Local Document Scans
Ready To Protect Your Assets
Client Portal & Instant Service
Reminders & Compliance Notifications
Bank Account Approved
Documents & Forms
Why do I need an Iowa registered agent?
- All businesses registered with the state must appoint a registered agent.
- The Iowa Secretary of State will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the state and the general public have a reliable way to deliver to your Iowa business legal notices and other types of official mail.
What do Iowa registered agents do?
Your registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
▪ Iowa registered agents must have a physical address in Iowa.
▪ Be open during normal business hours.
▪ Accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you, immediately.
What are the requirements for Iowa registered agents?
According to Iowa state code § 490.504, a registered agent service must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state. No P.O. Boxes.
- An IA registered agent must be an Iowa resident or a business that provides registered agent services.
Note: If a company’s registered agent cannot be served after a reasonable attempt, the company’s secretary will be served at the company’s principal address. If your secretary cannot be reached, you’ll never know you were served.
Get An Iowa Registered Agent TodayOrder Now - $125 Total
Why Your Life Will Be Better If You Hire Us:
It’s not personal, but you’ll likely struggle with your Iowa business filing. Why? Because Iowa business registration filings are confusing. But we do them every day, and when you hire us, as part of our registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need to file.
This is only the beginning. When you form an LLC or corporation, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Iowa annual report. We also offer complete corporate services in Iowa. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you with not only a reminder but the forms you need to file (LLC forms, corporation forms, annual report forms, etc.) already pre-populated with your information on them—all for no additional charge.
Free tools. We don’t simply send you a bill for providing registered agent service—we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your LLC, nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of Iowa business. Through our Online Service Manager, you need only enter your information once and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms, like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the process of starting your new business. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
How do I change my registered agent to Northwest?
File a Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent form for the Secretary of State. The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us. It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Iowa registered agent page.Order Now - $125 Total
What’s your Iowa registered office like?
We scan all documents locally from our office in downtown Des Moines, IA.
How will you get my legal notices to me?
We scan everything in real time. This registered agent infographic shows how it works.
Can I send my mail to your Iowa registered office?
- No, that’s not what we do, but we’ll try to help you if at all possible. Call us!
- The postal service might not deliver your mail to us if you don’t have a lease at our office.
- If we happen to get mail for you, however, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
Should I use your registered office address in Iowa on my filing?
Yes. We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep you private address off public records.Order Now - $125 Total
How do I find an Iowa registered agent?
- Perform an Iowa business name search.
- Use the name of the company you’re trying to look up.
- Look at the IA registered agent’s name and registered address.
- If you want to legally notify a business through their registered agent, simply send a letter as certified mail to the registered agent at their registered office address.
How do Iowa registered agents get served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified of an event. It doesn’t matter if the company sees the documents or even gets them from their registered agent. You were notified if your registered agent signs for the documents; this is a responsibility we take seriously.
- A sheriff, process server, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court stating that they “served” us.
How does Northwest’s Iowa registered agent service work?
You sign up online (you’ll find the signup at the top of this page).
After you make your business registration filing with the Iowa Secretary of State, we’ll become your registered agent.
We collect the first year’s fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Iowa registered agent service. If you want to cancel then, you can easily do so.
We make it easy to add registered agent services online.
Your online account is the place to go—not just for registered agent service or to pay a bill—for keeping up with corporate paperwork formalities for your Iowa business.
Should I hire a registered agent in Iowa before or after I do my filing?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the Secretary of State. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.Order Now - $125 Total
How do I get started?
- Place an order for registered agent service.
- Fill out the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation with the Iowa Secretary of State.
- You can place an order in your online account if you want us to do the filing for you.
- The Iowa Secretary of State will process your filing.
- We’ll officially become your Iowa registered agent service provider.