Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Iowa LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Iowa LLC Articles
- IA LLC operating agreement
- IA LLC resolutions
- IA LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- IA annual report reminders
- IA business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
IOWA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
How do I form an Iowa LLC?
Form an Iowa LLC by filing a Certificate of Organization with the Iowa Secretary of State. Forming an LLC in Iowa will cost a $50 state LLC filing fee.
The Iowa Secretary of State is in charge of filing Iowa LLCs, and it will take 3 business days to process your LLC certificate of organization if you file by mail or fax.
What does your Iowa LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Iowa certificate of organization.
- We make the state filing with the IA Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Iowa registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Iowa registered agent service.
What is the total Iowa LLC cost if I use your service?
$275 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Are there any IA company expedited options?
There are no expedite options, but fax filing is really fast. We can complete your IA LLC filing in about two business days.
Do I need an Iowa registered agent?
Yes. You will need to list your registered agent when you form your Iowa LLC.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
If you plan to open a business bank account or hire employees, you will want to apply for a federal tax ID from the IRS.
How much does an IA LLC cost each year?
Iowa LLCs file biennial reports. They are due by April 1st of odd years for LLCs. However, you do not have to file a report in the year your company was formed. For example, if you filed your LLC January 15th, 2011, you will not file April 1st, 2011. Your first IA biennial report will be due April 1st, 2012. But if you file your company December 15th, 2009, your first report will be due April 1st, 2010.
Iowa LLC reports cost $45 on paper or $30 online.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Iowa?
Iowa LLCs are subject to Iowa taxes. Iowa has a personal income tax rate between .36%-8.98%.
There are also a lot of local income taxes with an average rate of .3%.
The average Iowa sales tax rate is 6.94% (the state has a 6% tax, but the average local tax is .94% making a total of 6.94%.)
What else do I need to know about my Iowa LLC?
Aside from just starting an LLC, you will need to take steps to manage and grow your business. We have compiled quite a bit of information about everything from ordering copies of documents to ending your LLC. We provide a ton of helpful information on our website, but we also provide all the forms and instructions you may need when you sign up for service.
- If your business is growing, you may need learn about Registering an LLC in Another State. Most states require you to have an Iowa Certified Copy and/or an Iowa Certificate of Good Standing. It is easy to add registered agent service in more states in your online account!
- Many of our clients find an Iowa Apostille helpful when doing business in a foreign country.
- If your Iowa LLC is administratively dissolved or delinquent, you should look into Iowa LLC Reinstatement.
- When it is time to end your business, learn more about Iowa LLC Dissolution.
What forms do I need to start and manage my LLC?
We want to make managing your business to be as straightforward as possible. Please feel free to use any of our LLC Forms:
Remember we also provide additional Iowa forms in your online account when you sign up for service!