New York Registered AgentWe’re Just Not Annoying®
What is a New York Registered Agent?
A New York registered agent is a resident, LLC, or corporation that maintains a physical address in New York and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business. According to the New York state code (N.Y. LLC. LAW § 302), the agent must be able to accept any notice, demand, or service of process required by law to be served on the business.
You get an instant online account. We:
- Locally scan all docs in real time
- Give you the forms to file
- Give you our NY company management system
- Give you access to our Corporate Guides™
Cheaper Sites Exist
Kind of, but we:
- Save you $$$ on NY publication
- Don’t raise prices next year
- Are actually your registered agent
- Aren’t just a virtual office
New York Registered Agent Service – $125 Total
Our New York Registered Agent Service Includes
Orders Filed Same Day
Use Our Address, Not Yours
365 Days Of
Premium Registered Agent Service
Corporate Guide™ Service
We Help Navigate Business Maintenance
Local Document Scans
Ready To Protect Your Assets
Client Portal & Instant Service
Reminders & Compliance Notifications
Bank Account Approved
Documents & Forms
New York Registered Agent Info
A New York registered agent accepts service of process and legal notifications on behalf of New York businesses. When we accept legal documents and official business mail on your behalf, we contact you immediately and upload those documents to your secure online client account for you to view.Get a New York Registered Agent
Why Do I Need a New York Registered Agent?
- The state requires all registered businesses to appoint one.
- The registered agent requirement exists so the general public and the NY corporations division have a reliable way to contact your business.
Important note: New Yorkers love us because we save them thousands in publication costs every day. A New York statute requires LLCs to publish a summary of their articles of organization in two newspapers in the county of their principal office address. When New York clients hire us, they can use our Albany location as their principal address so they can publish in the Albany newspapers, which are much cheaper than New York City newspapers. Clients can later change their principal address by filing an amendment or certificate of change and spend far less than they would have paid for publishing in any NYC newspaper.
What Do New York Registered Agents Do?
A New York registered agent will:
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in New York and get them to you fast.
- Have a registered office in New York. That means they need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in state where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail.
- Keep normal business hours.
What Are the Legal Requirements for New York Registered Agents?
Whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of New York requires the same from its registered agents:
- An NY registered agent must be a state resident or an LLC or corporation that provides registered agent services.
- New York registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in New York).
- NY registered agents must accept legal documents (service of process) during regular business hours.
Why Your Life Will Be Better if You Hire Us:
We can save you money: New York’s registered agent requirement is odd. All domestic and foreign businesses (LLCs, corporations, LLPs, nonprofits, etc.) must designate the Secretary of State as their registered agent. It is free to do so, and in theory may cut down on costs, but if your business is sued, do you really want to rely on the Secretary of State to deliver sensitive documents in a timely fashion? Even if your answer is yes, and you have formed a limited liability company in New York, you are required to publish a notice in a local paper. This can easily be a $1000 in NYC. If you hire us, you can use our address to form your company and publish at a much cheaper rate in Albany. It’s a no brainer.
This is only the beginning. When you form an LLC or corporation in New York, each year, you’ll have ongoing reports like the New York biennial statement report due every two years (due dates will vary; statements are due during the month the business was formed or granted authority).We offer complete corporate services in New York for no additional charge. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your notices are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if the laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. Plus, we have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We provide you with not only a reminder, but the forms you need to maintain your business already prepopulated with your information on them.
Free tools. We don’t just send you a bill for providing registered agent service, we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your LLC, nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of New York business. You only need to enter your information once, and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
Call us! We’re here to help with the business registration process. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
Will You Let Me Know When My NY Biennial Statement is Due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in New York, you’ll need to file your biennial statement every two years during your business’ anniversary month. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.Order Now - $125 Total
Where is Northwest’s New York Registered Office?
We accept and scan all of our New York clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Albany, NY in Albany County.
How Do You Deliver My Documents to Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our Albany office within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I Have My Business Mail Delivered to Your New York Office?
- We are not set up to receive all your businesses mail. Its just not what we do, but we will help you if we can.
- Since you don’t have a lease at our address, the postal service might not even deliver your mail.
- Official mail and notices come addressed to us, care of you. So we receive all the important things just fine.
- If we do happen to receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Do I Hire a Registered Agent Before or After I Form My Business?
The NYS Division of Corporations will reject your business registration filing if you don’t designate a registered agent. As we mentioned, you may designate the Secretary of State as your agent for service of process, but there are so many benefits to choosing Northwest! You’ll have a reliable registered agent, you can publish in Albany, and you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.Hire Us Today
How Do I Search for a New York Registered Agent?
- Perform a New York business name search with the Department of State, Division of Corporations.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- Find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address in the search results.
If you want to legally notify a business through their New York registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent at their registered office address.
How Do New York Registered Agents Get Served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your New York registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. You need a New York registered agent you can trust. Here is what happens when we are served with a lawsuit in NY:
- A process server, sheriff, or third party will walk into our Albany office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- We scan the document to your online account, immediately triggering our notification system.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
How Do I Change My New York Registered Agent?
File a change of agent form with the NYS Division of Corporations.
If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your New York registered agent page.
Get a New York Registered Agent TodayGet Started
Can I Use Your New York Registered Office Address For Everything on My Business Filing?
Please do! We love our New York City clients, and if we can help you save money, we want to. We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records. And, if you use our Albany address, you can meet the NY LLC publishing requirement and publish in Albany newspapers instead of an expensive one in NYC.