Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Vermont

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Vermont, you must file an Application for Certificate of Authority and file it with the Vermont Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail or online. The Application for Certificate of Authority for a Vermont foreign nonprofit corporation costs $125 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Application for Certificate of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Vermont. Or, you can simply sign up for our Vermont Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Vermont Application for Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Vermont. All for free.

3 Day Vermont Foreign Nonprofit

$350 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Vermont

How do I register my foreign non-profit in VT?

In order to operate in Vermont, your foreign non-profit will need to fill out an Application for Certificate of Authority and file it along with a copy and a self-addressed envelope (if filing by mail) as well as a Certificate of Good Standing that is no more than thirty days old from the day of filing.

Is there a fee to register my foreign non-profit?

The filing fee for the Application is $125.

How long does it take Vermont to process my foreign qualification?

It takes about 1-3 business days for online filings, and mailed filings take about 7 to 10 days. Once filed with the state, your organization will be a properly registered Vermont nonprofit corporationWhen you hire Northwest to register your foreign nonprofit in Vermont, we’ll file your paperwork online.

Am I required to register my foreign non-profit as a charity in Vermont?

No, there are no charity registration requirements for a foreign non-profit. There are, however, nonprofit tax exemptions in Vermont.

Will I have any reporting requirements?

The Vermont Corporations Division will mail your foreign non-profit a Nonprofit Biennial Report form. There is a $15 fee each time. It will be due April 1st biennially.

Will I need a registered agent in VT?

Your foreign non-profit is required to have a VT registered agent with a Vermont street address. Northwest Registered agent can provide this service and much more for your foreign non-profit for only $125 per year.

Where do I send my foreign registration documents?

Send all documents to:
Vermont Secretary of State
128 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-1104

When You Want More