Oklahoma Registered Agent
Real Time Service
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Oklahoma business forms to file
- Oklahoma filing tips
- OK company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Local Document Scans in Real Time
- Local Corporate Guides™ In Every State
Oklahoma Registered Agent Service
An Oklahoma registered agent service accepts service of process and other legal notifications on behalf of Oklahoma businesses. When we accept legal documents and official business mail on your behalf, we contact you immediately and upload those documents to your secure online client account for you to view.
What is an Oklahoma Registered Agent?
According to the Oklahoma state statutes (Title 18, Section 1021 and Section 1022):
- An Oklahoma registered agent is a resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Oklahoma and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business.
- The registered agent must be able to accept any notice, demand, or service of process required by law to be served on the business.
Why You Need an Oklahoma Registered Agent:
- The State of Oklahoma requires all registered businesses to appoint a registered agent.
- The Oklahoma Secretary of the State will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- The Oklahoma registered agent requirement exists so the general public and the state have a reliable way to contact your business.
Note: Oklahoma’s registered agent requirement applies to all business entities, except for out-of-state corporations registering to do business here. Foreign corporations are required to list the Secretary of State as their initial registered agent, but “may” also list a separate registered agent responsible for accepting important documents on their behalf. If you have a corporation registering to do business in Oklahoma, the choice of whether or not to hire a registered agent depends on your answer to this question: Do you really want the Secretary of State to be responsible for delivering your business’ important legal documents?
Why Your Life Will Be Better If You Hire Us:
- Most people experience some frustration with the OK business filing. Why? Because Oklahoma business registration filings can be difficult. The forms are convoluted. The questions asked are in legalese. But we do them every day. When you hire us, as part of our Oklahoma registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you’d need to file with the state.
- We are here to help! Give us a call or send us an email if you have questions. We’re here to help walk you through the business filing process. The people here don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
- You are just getting started. When you form an LLC or corporation in Oklahoma, each year, you’ll have ongoing requirements to maintain your business. Each year Oklahoma corporations must file an annual franchise tax with the Oklahoma Tax Commission, but LLCs do not. LLCs and LPs must file annual reports with the Oklahoma Secretary of State during their anniversary month each year. All these due dates can be a lot to remember on your own. We offer complete corporate services with our registered agent service. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your notices are always based off your real corporate filing date with the state. And if Oklahoma laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. Plus, we provide you with not only a reminder, but the forms you need to maintain your business already prepopulated with your information on them—all at no additional charge.
- Free tools. We are always coming up with new ways to provide you with the best registered agent service out there. So we don’t just send you a bill for providing registered agent service each year. We also offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your Oklahoma LLC, nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of Oklahoma business. Through our service, you need only enter your information once, and we use that data to populate annual meeting, amendment, and registration forms.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agents?
- Big data. It is important to be cautious with your personal information. We respect that. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to other companies. We are not in the business of making money of “big data.”
- Real time. We are the only national registered agent that will scan your documents to you from our local office in Oklahoma City, immediately. When we receive service of process for your business, it is available for viewing within minutes. Your Oklahoma registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for all serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state and when you hire us for Oklahoma registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Oklahoma City, OK. And we don’t just hop that you happen to log in and see your documents. We notify you and anyone else you ask us to until you actually see the legal document. Our service utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Oklahoma registered agent service.
- Privacy. Choosing a registered agent is serious business. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private. Our trained staff will not give out your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- Billing. New clients switch to our registered agent services every day because they’re sick of their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” This isn’t just a saying, these are the words we live by.
- This is all we do. It is a very cool thing to help someone start a new business venture. And that really is what we do here. Registered agent service isn’t just a way to bilk our clients for more money. It isn’t some side project to us. We really believe in what we do. And we look forward to helping you pursue your passion the same way we have been fortunate enough to pursue ours.
What Do Oklahoma Registered Agents Do?
Your Oklahoma registered agent will:
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Oklahoma and get them to you fast.
- Have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Oklahoma where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location is called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Oklahoma Registered Agents?
Whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Oklahoma requires the same from its registered agents:
- OK registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- OK resident agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Oklahoma).
- Oklahoma registered agents must accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
How Do I Search for an Oklahoma Registered Agent?
- Perform an Oklahoma business name search with the Secretary of State
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- The registered agent’s name and registered office street address should be listed with the company’s details.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Oklahoma registered agent service, send a certified letter to the Oklahoma registered agent at their registered office address.
How Do I Change My Oklahoma Registered Agent?
- File a change of agent form with the Oklahoma Secretary of the State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Oklahoma registered agent page.
Where is Northwest's Oklahoma Registered Office?
We accept and scan all of our Oklahoma clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Oklahoma City, OK.
How Do You Deliver My Documents to Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our Oklahoma City office within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I Have My Business Mail Delivered to Your Oklahoma Office?
- No. We don’t want to receive your business mail. We do want to help so let us know if we can!
- Since your business is not on the lease at our registered office address, the post office may not correctly deliver your mail there.
- As your registered agent in Oklahoma, official notices and service of process come addressed to us—Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc.—care of you.
- If we happen receive regular business mail, we’ll scan it to you within minutes.
Can I Use the Address of Your Oregon Registered Office for Everything on My Business Filings?
Please do! We’re the only national registered agent service that lets our clients to use our address for everything on the Oklahoma corporation or LLC filings. This way you don’t have to list your own private information. It stays off the public record.
How Do Oklahoma Registered Agents Get Served?
Service of process on a registered agent is legal proof that your has been notified. This is true whether you actually receive the documents from your Oklahoma registered agent, or not. Once the registered agent accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our Oklahoma City office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
When you hired Northwest Registered Agent, you receive your documents long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court. We scanned service of process and official notices to your online account within minutes of being served.
How Do I Get Registered Agent Service in Oklahoma?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Oklahoma registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Oklahoma Secretary of the State.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Oklahoma registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Oklahoma registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Oklahoma corporate paperwork formalities as well.
Do I Hire a Registered Agent Before or After I Form My Business?
Hire us first. The Secretary of State will not accept your corporation or LLC filing if you do not list your Oklahoma registered agent. When you choose Northwest, this also makes things easier on you because after you sign up we provide all the forms and filing instructions you need to file your paperwork with the state.
How Do I Get Started?
- Place an order for Oklahoma registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the Oklahoma Secretary of the State.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The Oklahoma Secretary of the State’s will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Oklahoma registered agent.
Info Your OK Registered Agent Should Help You Understand:
Domestic entities in Oklahoma can choose their own registered agent. Foreign entities qualifying to do business in Oklahoma must pay $100 annually to the Oklahoma Tax Commission for the Oklahoma Secretary of State to act as their registered agent. When the secretary of state gets served court paperwork on your company’s behalf they will simply mail it to you. Because of that, most companies still use a private service company to act as their registered agent. By using Northwest Registered Agent as your private Oklahoma registered agent any process server will take it to our Oklahoma City office and then we’ll email you a scan of it in real time, and actually make sure you receive your documents. As your registered agent, we store all items we receive into your online account. As your Oklahoma resident agent we send you annual certificate reminders. You can track all lawsuits and service of process in your account for OK and/or any state online.
Oklahoma allows filing by fax or online. Signatures do not need to be original signatures unless you have a professional corporation. Your certificate of good standing can be 60 days old, if qualifying an out of state entity. If you’re registering a Texas business in Oklahoma, this is not a certificate from your comptroller on your franchise tax. Texas calls it a Certificate of Status or existence from the secretary of state.