South Dakota LLC
Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your South Dakota LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed South Dakota LLC Articles
- SD LLC operating agreement
- SD LLC resolutions
- SD LLC membership certificates
We provide extra privacy with our address. We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- SD annual report reminders
- SD business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
SOUTH DAKOTA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
LLCs are governed by South Dakota Codified Laws – Chapter 47-34A, Uniform Limited Liability Company Act.
How do I form a South Dakota LLC?
Forming an LLC in South Dakota will cost a $150 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The state of South Dakota Secretary of State is in charge of filing LLCs, and it will take about 14-21 business days to process your LLC articles of organization.
What does your South Dakota LLC service include?
- Drafting custom South Dakota company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the SD Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- South Dakota registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 South Dakota limited liability company service and $125 South Dakota registered agent service.
What is the total South Dakota LLC cost if I use your service?
$375 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any SD company expedited options?
You can pay an extra $50 fee to have the filing expedited. This usually means your LLC will be formed within 3-5 business days.
Do I need a South Dakota registered agent?
You will need to list your registered agent in your articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need to get an FEIN if you want to hire employees.
How much does an SD LLC cost each year?
The South Dakota annual report for LLCs is due on the last day of your anniversary month. So if you file on June 15th your annual report will be due by June 30th each year.
The SD LLC annual reports cost $50.
Want to compare LLCs and corporations? See our page on South Dakota Corporations.
What are the taxes for an LLC in South Dakota?
South Dakota LLCs are subject to South Dakota taxes. South Dakota does not have corporate income tax or personal income tax.
The average South Dakota Sales tax is 5.52%. The state has a 4% tax, but the average local tax is 1.52% making a total of 5.52%.
What else do I need to know about forming a South Dakota LLC?
We know that starting a South Dakota LLC is just the beginning. We want to help you with every stage of your business. Please take advantage of the following information and filing tips:
- Registering an LLC in Another State
- SD Certified Copy
- SD Apostille
- South Dakota Reinstate LLC
- South Dakota Dissolve LLC
What LLC forms and documents do I need?
You may want to keep detailed records for you LLC. To make that easier, we have drafted these Free LLC Legal Forms:
- Operating Agreement
- LLC First Meeting Minutes Template
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Bill of Sale
Should I form a South Dakota LLC?
You may want to compare the LLC with the South Dakota corporation.