Maine Registered AgentWe’re Just Not Annoying®
What is a Maine Registered Agent?
A Maine registered agent is any resident or business that maintains a registered office (physical location) in Maine and is willing to accept service of process (notice of a lawsuit) and official mail on the behalf of a business. Maine registered agents are sometimes referred to as Maine Commercial Clerks. Once the registered agent has accepted the legal notice on behalf of a Maine company, it is their responsibility to forward the notice to the responsible parties (the business owners). Maine registered agents create a reliable way to contact any business in Maine.
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Maine business forms to file
- Maine filing tips
- Maine company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Maine Registered Agent Service – $125 Total
Our Maine Registered Agent Service Includes
Orders Filed Same Day
Use Our Address, Not Yours
365 Days Of
Premium Registered Agent Service
Corporate Guide™ Service
We Help Navigate Business Maintenance
Local Document Scans
Ready To Protect Your Assets
Client Portal & Instant Service
Reminders & Compliance Notifications
Bank Account Approved
Documents & Forms
What do Maine registered agents do?
Under Maine statute (Chapter 6-A: Model Registered Agents Act, §114), registered agents are responsible for the following duties: Receiving documents on behalf of your business. Providing notices to your business when it receives service of process or official mail. Be available during normal business hours at a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in-state where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location is called a registered office. Our office is in Portland, ME. Keeping its registered office and contact information updated so your business can be reliably contacted.Get a Maine Registered Agent
Why you need a registered agent in Maine:
- Maine requires that all registered businesses appoint a registered agent.
- Your business registration filing will be rejected by the Maine Division of Corporations if you do not appoint a registered agent.
- Essentially, the Maine registered agent requirement exists so the government and general public have a dependable method in place to contact your business.
Note: Maine uses the term commercial clerk for the person or business that accepts service of process for a domestic corporation and uses the term registered agent for other business entities. Commercial clerks in Maine serve the same function as a registered agent.
Info your registered agent should help you know and understand
- Incorporate a domestic Maine corporation: $145 state filing fee. You need to appoint a commercial Maine clerk (same thing as a registered agent).
- Organize a domestic Maine LLC: $175 state filing fee. On the Maine certificate of formation you will list your Maine registered agent’s info.
- Foreign corporation: $250 filing fee – You must supply a certificate of good standing from your home state of incorporation, and list your registered agent’s information on the filing.
- Foreign LLC in Maine: $250 filing fee. Maine foreign LLCs will need to be accompanied by a certificate of good standing from the secretary of state that you organized your LLC in.
If you are making a filing with the Maine Secretary of State, it must be signed with an original inked signature and be mailed in. There is no fax filing service or online service. You used to need your registered agent in Maine to sign your filing, but now, you just need to put down our commercial registered agent number on the filing next to our name.
Maine annual reports are due every year, and can be filed online. Annual reports cost $85 for domestic entities, and $150 for foreign entities. You will only get an email notice that your report is due. The Maine Secretary of State will not mail out a reminder.
Why Your Life Will Be Better If You Hire Us
It’s not personal, but you’ll likely struggle with your business filing. Why? Because Maine business registration filings are confusing. But we do them every day, and when you hire us, as part of our registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need to file.
This is only the beginning. When you form an LLC or corporation, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Maine annual report, which is due to the state by the end of your business’ anniversary month each year. We also offer complete corporate services in Maine. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you with not only a reminder but the forms you need to file (LLC forms, corporation forms, annual report forms, etc.) already pre-populated with your information on them—all for no additional charge.
Free tools. We don’t simply send you a bill for providing registered agent service—we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your Maine LLC, Connecticut nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of Maine business. Through our Online Service Manager, you need only enter your information once and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms, like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the process of starting your new business. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
How do I change my Maine registered agent?
You have to file the Statement of Change form for your entity type. Submit the signed original change of agent/clerk form and the attached Filer Contact Cover Letter to the Maine SOS by mail or in person. It can get a little complicated, for more information check out our Change Maine Registered Agent page.Get a Maine Registered Agent
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Maine?
We accept and scan all of our Maine clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Portland, ME.
Will you let me know when my Maine annual report is due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in Maine, you’ll need to complete your ME annual report. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll make sure you have access to all the forms and instructions you need to stay compliant.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your Maine office?
- We don’t want all of your business mail. It’s not what we do. But we do try to be as helpful as possible in the rare event that we receive your regular mail.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Maine, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Interested In Hiring Us To Start Your Maine LLC or Corporation?Start a Maine Business Today
Maine Registered Agent Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Maine forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Maine.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.
How do I search for a Maine registered agent?
If you want to deliver service of process or certified mail to a business in main, just send it to the company’s registered agent at the registered office address.
- You can do a Maine business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
Get a Maine Registered AgentOrder Now - $125 Total
What does Northwest Registered Agent do?
As your registered agent service provider, we make all the Maine forms available in your online account, immediately. They are all pre-populated with your business information. We send you annual report reminders and you’ll never have a weird fee.
We believe we stand out from other Maine registered agents because of our commitment to speed. For a quick visual of our real-time service, check out our Registered Agent Infographic.
Every day we pick up new registered agent clients that changed to us after paying forwarding fees with their previous agents. Your business is too important to us to play “billing games.”