$100 gets our Corporate Guides™ who will form your Maryland LLC, plus:
- Custom LLC articles of Organization
- We form your LLC
- Resolutions showing you own it
- MD LLC operating agreement
- MD LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- Personal Property Return reminders
- MD business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
Maryland Limited Liability Company
LLCs are governed by Maryland Code – Corporations and Associations, Title 4A.
How do I form a Maryland LLC?
File Articles of Organization with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). Forming an LLC in Maryland will cost a $100 state filing fee.
The state of Maryland SDAT is in charge of filing Maryland LLCs, and you may file by mail, in person, or online. It will take at least 8 weeks to a process your LLC articles of organization if you file by mail. Maryland SDAT no longer accepts faxed filings, that system has been replaced by the online filings.
What does our Maryland LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Maryland company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the MD state Department of Assessments and Taxation – Business Commercial Services.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Maryland registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Maryland registered agent service.
What is the total Maryland LLC cost if I use your service?
$330 for a Maryland limited liability company and that includes the state’s regular filing fee and the return mail fee (minimum 8 week processing).
We can form your Maryland LLC in 7 business days for $381!
Any MD company expedited options?
Expedited processing is completed in 5-7 business days. We recommend filing online because it is auto expedited and eliminates mail time.
Do I need a Maryland registered agent?
You must list your registered agent (also called a resident agent) in your Maryland articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID number?
If your business will hire employees, you will need a federal tax ID number. You may need a tax ID for other reasons, including opening a business bank account.
How much does an MD LLC cost each year?
There is an annual report for Maryland LLCs. The SDAT Maryland Personal Tax Return is due every April 15th and costs $300 minimum, depending on your assets and revenue.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Maryland?
Maryland LLCs must pay Maryland taxes.
The Maryland Corporate net income tax rate is 8.25%.
The Maryland personal net income tax rates are:
|Maryland Personal Tax Rates|
|$1 million +||6.25%|
There are also a lot of local income taxes with an average rate of 3%.
The average Maryland sales tax rate is 6%.
Anything else I should know about my Maryland LLC?
- If you want to do business outside of Maryland, look into Registering an LLC in Another State. You may need to order a Maryland Certified Copy.
- LLCs doing business outside the U.S. may need a Maryland Apostille
- If your MD LLC is delinquent, learn how Maryland LLC Reinstatement can get you back in good standing.
- Maryland LLC Dissolution is for those looking to end their Maryland LLC.
What LLC forms do I need for my Maryland LLC?
We have made the following Free LLC Forms available to the public:
- Articles of Organization
- LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Interest Bill of Sale
Is the Maryland LLC the best option for my business?
Want to compare entities? See our Maryland Corporation page.