Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Kansas

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Kansas, you must file a Foreign Not-For-Profit Corporation Application with the Kansas Secretary of State. You can submit this document by  fax or by mail. The Foreign Not-For-Profit Corporation Application for a Kansas foreign nonprofit corporation costs $115 to file by mail and $135 to file by fax. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Foreign Not-For-Profit Corporation Application and register a foreign nonprofit in Kansas. Or, you can simply sign up for our Kansas Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Kansas Foreign Not-For-Profit Corporation Application. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Kansas. All for free.

3 Day Kansas Foreign Nonprofit

$360 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Kansas

How can I apply to operate my foreign nonprofit in KS?

You will have to fill out the Foreign Not-For-Profit Corporation Application and submit it to the Kansas Secretary of State’s office.

Is there a filing fee?

Yes, the filing fee is $115 for mailed filings, plus an additional $20 for faxed filings.

What needs to be included with this application?

You will need to include the filing fee and an original Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Existence. You can get this from the secretary of state in your home state where your nonprofit was formed. This certificate has to be issued within 90 days of filing this application.

Are there any rules concerning the name of my foreign nonprofit in Kansas?

The corporate name on all of your documents has to be exactly the same as it appears on the certificate, including spelling, punctuation, abbreviations, etc.

What if the name of my nonprofit has the same name as another company already on file?

If this is the case, then you have two options: you can include a letter of consent from the existing company to use the name. If the existing company is a corporation, then this letter has to be signed by an authorized officer. OR You can include a letter with the application stating that the corporation will list its home state as a way of being able to identify it and in its advertising in the state of Kansas.

Are there any annual report requirements in Kansas?

Annual reports are due by the 15th day of the sixth month after the end of your fiscal year. So for nonprofits, the due date is typically June 15th. You must also renew your Kansas charity registration by the last day of the sixth month following the end of the fiscal year.

Where do I send my application and any other necessary documents?

These can be sent to the secretary of state’s office:

Kansas Secretary of State
Memorial hall, 1st Floor
120 S.W. 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612-1594

Additional Resources:

Certificate of Good Standing
Kansas Annual Report
Kansas Registered Agent
Kansas Taxes
Kansas Foreign Corporation Withdraw
Registered Agent Service

When You Want More