Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Washington LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Washington LLC Articles
- WA LLC operating agreement
- WA LLC resolutions
- WA LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- WA annual report reminders
- WA business license reminders
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Registered Agent Service Included
- Corporate Guides™
Washington Limited Liability Company
Washington LLCs are governed by Revised Code of Washington – Title 25, Chapter 25.15, Limited Liability Companies.
How do I form a Washington LLC?
Forming an LLC in Washington will cost $180 to cover the LLC certificate of formation state filing fee if you file the paper form. This will take about 2 months unless you pay $50 to have processing completed in 2-3 business days.
If you file online, the fee is $200. The Washington Secretary of State will process your Washington LLC certificate of formation in just 2-3 business days. Well worth the extra $20 filing fee.
What does your Washington LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Washington company certificate of formation.
- Washington registered agent service
- Our corporate guides will complete the LLC filing with the WA Secretary of State.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- Washington Limited Liability Company operating agreement.
- The Washington LLCs state filing fees.
What is the total Washington LLC cost if I use your service?
$425. That prices includes $125 Washington registered agent service, $100 our corporate guides to file your articles of organization with the state, and the $200 Washington LLC state filing fees. Or, if it’s easier to see it this way, the price breakdown looks like this:
- $125 for WA registered agent
- $100 for us to complete and file your Certificate of Formation
- $200 fee charged by the state ($180 if you want to wait two months for the LLC to be formed)
Does WA offer expedited LLC filing options?
Yes. Online LLC formation is expedited. Processing is done in 2-3 business days for $20. Paper filings can be processed in 2-3 business days but the fee is $50 (there’s really no reason to file by paper). If you don’t file online or pay the expedite fee, it will take the state nearly two months to file your Articles of Organization.
Do I need a Washington registered agent?
You will need to list your registered agent in your Washington LLC articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
Get a federal tax ID number if you are going to hire employees.
Do Washington LLCs have initial reports?
Yes. WA LLCs are required to file an initial report within 120 days of the LLC’s formation date. The report can be filed online here. You will be required to list the following information:
- The name of the company and the state or country under whose law it is organized
- The street address of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office in this state
- In the case of a foreign company, the address of its principal office in the state or country under the laws of which it is organized
- The address of the principal place of business of the company in this state
- The names and addresses of the company’s members, or if the management of the company is vested in a manager or managers, then the name and address of its manager or managers
- A brief description of the nature of its business.
The initial report only costs $10 to file, and can be completed at no additional cost at the time of filing.
Does Washington have other initial requirements for LLCs?
Yes. All newly formed businesses must acquire a Master Business License (basically a registration with the Department of Revenue). You can apply online for Washington’s Master Business License here. When the secretary of state files your LLC’s Certificate of Formation, they will assign you a UBI number. You’ll need this number in order to apply for the Master Business License.
To finish the Master Business License application, you’ll need to list:
- Purpose of application
- Licensing needs (if you have employees, you’ll need to check several boxes)
- Business information (location, estimated gross income, tax information)
- Ownership information (names and addresses of owners/members)
- Employment information (descriptions of the types of employees your LLC will hire)
The Washington Master Business License costs $19 to file the application. After applying, you should receive your Master Business License in the mail in approximately two weeks.
How much does a WA LLC cost each year?
WA LLC annual reports are due every year at end of the month you initially filed in. Washington LLC annual renewals cost $71.
What are the Washington LLC taxes?
Washington LLCs have to pay WA taxes. There is no personal income tax in Washington.
Washington LLCs have to pay a Business and Occupation Tax that varies depending on the type of business they perform.
The average Washington sales tax rate is 8.78% (the state has a 6.5% tax, but the average local tax is 2.28% making a total of 8.78%).
What other LLC forms and documents do I need?
We provide the following Free LLC Forms to help you form and manage your WA LLC.
Anything else I need to know about forming a Washington LLC?
We try to provide you with everything you should know about forming an LLC in Washington. That is why we give you all the state forms and filing tips you may need in your online account after you sign up. Here is some supplemental information that will be helpful as your LLC grows:
- Register an LLC in Another State
- Washington Certified Copy
- Washington Apostille
- Dissolve a Washington LLC
- Reinstate a Washington LLC